Canned corned beef hash

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks tasty. I've gone through many a can of this in the field. After a quart of hot sauce on it. It wasn't bad at all! But. Hell. I thought the c-ration spaghetti was a feast after adding a pack of boiled ramen noodles to it. And adding that c- ration cheese spread to it with hot sauce!
Yours look good. I just might grab a can. And relive fond memories.

After the army the smell of corned beef hash makes me sick. BUT you have intrigued me because that looks so good lol. Maybe it's just the eggs and avocado
Never had it in the mess hall.

The MRE stuff was nasty though

Reactions: TNJAKE
Never tried slicing it, but the idea of a couple nice runny eggs over the top of a couple crispy patties has my mouth watering
To me the crispy pattys are what makes it great.
Im thinking about doing a play on eggs benedict this way.. Probably be pretty good!.

After the army the smell of corned beef hash makes me sick. BUT you have intrigued me because that looks so good lol. Maybe it's just the eggs and avocado
In this case I feel it would be perfectly fine to replace the corned beef hash with a steak...☺

In this case I feel it would be perfectly fine to replace the corned beef hash with a steak...☺
In that case I'd have some.

I grew up in a family where we ate much what they called surplus food, powdered eggs, powdered milk, canned meat. I will never eat canned meat again in my life. But, peanut butter, sure will eat that especially with vanilla ice cream.

When I first got in we still had field cooks. That didn't last long and was replaced. They used to bring us cambros full of corned beef hash......always cold lol
we had field cooks too. one cook had a big box where everyone would put parts of MREs they didn't want.

He would take it all and somehow always come up with a tasty stew or soup. great to have on a cold, wet day.

I will cook this from time to time, but never thought of cooking it in slice form. Will have to give it a try on the blackstone. Always reminds me of Alpo and my dog growing up many decades ago....

While on field maneuvers. We had field cooks. Had hot breakfast and dinner. C-rations for lunch most of the time. Since I was the company commander's driver and radio operator. I always got hot, fresh meals. I would eat while they filled up the mermites. Then I would deliver it to the various locations with the first sergeant. Good times.

Reactions: TNJAKE
I think I've got a can of hash kicking around the pantry somewhere. Now its destined for breakfast sandwiches this weekend. Never even thought about it.

Reactions: Sowsage
I like it the wife not so much so when I used to go to hunting camp we had it a lot for breakfast. Remember FL hunting season is a couple months lol. We would start by frying up some onions then add the hash into the frying pan and mix it all up then spread it out covering the entire bottom of the 12" cast iron frying pan and when the bottom got crispy we'd flip it and do the same. Another frying pan was used for the eggs and sausage. The days we didn't have hash we had potatoes

I can't believe I went to a " Pre snow panic " grocery store to buy canned hash yesterday . LOl . Got in and out just in time .
Just realized I got 1 corned beef hash , and 2 roast beef hash .

I can't believe I went to a " Pre snow panic " grocery store to buy canned hash yesterday . LOl . Got in and out just in time .
Just realized I got 1 corned beef hash , and 2 roast beef hash .
Im allways tempted to buy a can of the roast beef hash... Ive never tried it.

Reactions: daveomak
Some good looking breakfast hash Travis!

I make the homemade stuff a lot and the canned stuff is few and far between for me. The last time I had it was a few months ago in the hospital cafeteria for breakfast. It was soft and mushy and realized why I don’t eat it often lol!

But I really like your method here and frying it crispy like that, so I’m gonna give it a go. A runny egg on the top really makes it for me. “Dippy” eggs we call it.

Thank! This method really lets you get a crisp crust on it!
“Dippy” eggs we call it.
Yep.. Same here.. Thats the way the boys like them and they will literally dip anything on their plate in the yolk!😂😂

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky