Canadian Bacon on my gas grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
My other half loves Canadian Bacon and when a friend brought up that he makes it all the time (he has 3 smokers), I could see the light go on. I found this forum and followed Bearcarver's boneless smoked pork chops post, except I smoked the half loin on my gas grill, using charcoal and apple wood!

It came out awesome and the Mr couldn't stand it any longer and bought the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smokehouse last weekend!!!!

Here's a pic of the finished loin (sorry if it's not so clear but I took it with my phone).
29ddcb07_1015101924-00.jpg

icon_cool.gif

Now I would also like to see some sliced pics. It almost looks like it isn't even cooked to me. More Q-view please.

78bbde56_1016101242-00.jpg

Took this with my phone and I do not take good pics at all with it. Sorry it's blurry but here's the smoked chops I sliced from it.

The internal temp was 170 after 6.5 hours. It was every bit as good as the one a friend of ours smoked for us only he didn't take it to as high an internal temp, so I had to fry it.

This was great in tossed salads and on pizza as well as on breakfast sammies.

I did find a photo on my phone after I sliced it but I can't get it to upload. It's also a bit blurry but if I can get it uploaded I'll post it.

Last edited:
Looks real good, Husker!

Next time try to get us a pic or two of it sliced.

It makes the drool flow better!

Thanks,

Bear

Looks real good, Husker!

Next time try to get us a pic or two of it sliced.

It makes the drool flow better!

Thanks,

Bear
Ya, and because of it, im single handedly keeping the computer companies afloat in this economy by constantly having to replace drool covered keyboards!

Thanks SMF!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky