Canadian Bacon from tender loins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
Local store had buy one get one free on tender loins so I made some Canadian bacon. I followed Bear's steps for making this (always comes out great).
let it cure for 7 days and them smoked it with apple pellets and the a-maze-n tube to an internal temp of 165°. This took about 7 hours.

Sliced it all up by hand and got 8 5 oz packs and one snacking bag.
Thanks for looking
Link

Attachments

• CB001.jpg
    CB001.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 53
  • CB002.jpg
    CB002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 53
  • CB003.jpg
    CB003.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 52
  • CB004.jpg
    CB004.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 54
  • CB005.jpg
    CB005.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 56
  • CB006.jpg
    CB006.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 56
  • CB007.jpg
    CB007.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 54
I am going to do a full loin next or maybe a should just for fun.

Local store had buy one get one free on tender loins so I made some Canadian bacon. I followed Bear's steps for making this (always comes out great).
let it cure for 7 days and them smoked it with apple pellets and the a-maze-n tube to an internal temp of 165°. This took about 7 hours.

Sliced it all up by hand and got 8 5 oz packs and one snacking bag.
Thanks for looking
Link

Can you post a link to bears instructions please?

Heck even if I'm following other recipes, I still asks Bear questions because he seems to have done it all!

Never thought of doing slices of Canadian Bacon as a snack slice though! That is a new one!

Looks Awesome, Link!!:)
You took the IT a little higher than I would, but for Snacking, it might be better Your way!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky