Canada Day Jerk ...Pork Loin with Coconut Lime Rice and Peas and Jerk Pineapple Bites

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Canada Day Jerk ...Pork Loin with Coconut Lime Rice and Peas and Jerk Pineapple Bites

Well there has been a few Jerk post lately and we all know I love Jerk foods also. So here is another one from me.

And we all say that was the best cook we have ever done most times we mean it . I have to tell you I made this jerk marinate blended from 2 recipes I have looked at . AND this was a fantastic flavor, even if I say so myself.
Here is the start, I had a Pork loin Centre Cut in the freezer (1.875 kg or 4.13 lbs )
1.JPG
2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

1 tea, Thyme 1 med onion chopped
1 Tea, allspice 3 gr. onions/scallions
1/2 Tea, Nutmeg 2 cloves garlic chopped
1/2 Tea, cinnamon 1 Habanero chopped
1/2 Tea Ground black pepper 3/4 cup soya sauce and 2 Tablespoon oil

Put all in a blender , on Pulse, if faster it will just make it too frothy to use ( too much air in it )
Into a bag and in the fridge for 12 or so hours, turning when you think of it.

In a pan I cut up apples and onions as a base to keep the roast off the bottom of the pan. Place on the roast and pull all the marinate on top and spread around. Save 1 - 2 tablespoon for the Pineapple Bites

6.JPG

7.JPG

Into the smoker : temp 290 - 300 deg. with apple wood. It took approx. 3 hours . Pulled at It of 146 deg.

8.JPG

9.JPG

Now with the roast resting on a plate I put all the tray items into a pot with 1 cup Chicken stock and simmered , Removed all the big parts and tasted . I added not salt because of the soya sauce. And it was great .
10.JPG

11.JPG

Now for the Coconut lime rice and Peas
12.JPG

13.JPG

20 - Copy.JPG

Now for the Pineapple bites
Cut up fresh pineapple , mix in bowl with the leftover marinate into a hot CI pan with oil. Fry until starting to brown . I through on tablespoon of Brown sugar last 15 seconds
16.JPG 17.JPG
18.JPG

Slice up and serve put the marinate in bowl for extra topping if wanted , and yes I did
19.JPG

20.JPG

My little serving

22.JPG

Of coarse there must be dessert

pull all the Rhubarb out of garden today also.

So 2 cups went into a new to me recipe called Rhubarb Cake. ( I looked it up and found out it is a very old recipe, I just never had it )
It was great and will make again very soon. ( I made it in a loaf pan , they say in a 9 x 13 )

23.JPG

Well thanks for hanging in there for another very short post by me. Just can't help myself.

David

Oh yes it was Canada Day most of the folks on our little lake do a boat parade and today was no exception , maybe 45 boats of all kinds
14.JPG

15.JPG

Happy long weekend to everyone

David

Attachments

• 21.JPG
    21.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 6
Not to be a Jerk aboot it, but that dish looks treasonously delicious. :emoji_wink::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_laughing:

Nicely done David. Hope you had a relaxing Canadian day.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Now that's Jerkingly funny :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing: :emoji_thumbsup:
Was a great meal on a very nice day for the weather, and good food
Yes very relaxing couple days of just cooking and working around the yard, and maybe a little fishing

David

Looks delicious! Great food and by the looks of it a great day! Looks like the boaters were enjoying it as well!

Ryan

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks delicious! Great food and by the looks of it a great day! Looks like the boaters were enjoying it as well!

Ryan

Thanks Ryan for the like and the comment

Was a great meal from start to finish
And the lake was alive with happy boaters, And the night time filled with lots of fireworks, and it was like a tennis match for me watching them... left than right than straight , left , right...etc:emoji_sunglasses:

David

Looks amazing David! I absolutely love jerk and could eat I weekly if not more often. Great post as always.

Thanks Jeff for the comment

Was a great meal and I know you are like me . Love Jerk food. This was one of the best Marinates
I have made. And the pineapple bites very nice with the pork

David

Reactions: jcam222
David, that looks dangerously good sir!! Honestly, that is a magazine quality, 5-star, carousel worthy presentation. I've seen some amazing stuff from you but this one is about the best. Excellent job!!

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
David, that looks dangerously good sir!! Honestly, that is a magazine quality, 5-star, carousel worthy presentation. I've seen some amazing stuff from you but this one is about the best. Excellent job!!

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment
Very nice of you, it was a thing I have been wanting to do again , but with my own marinate this time
I think what came out was a winner . And going to make a batch of the marinate to have in the fridge for when needed .

I just had a jerk pork sandwich for breakfast ...lol

David

DSC_5089.JPG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky