Camp Chef PG24 - Thoughts?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kurt boutin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Southern NH
I'm likely buying my first pellet smoker soon. I've been leaning towards the Camp Chef PG24 due to good reviews and price point as well as reports of good customer service.

It'll be my first pellet smoker. Anything I should watch out for? Anyone not happy with theirs?

Thanks in advance,

Kurt

I've not seen much on the Camp Chef grills. But a forum member here PM'd me that he was looking at their woodwind model with the searing station. Seems like a good company and what little I have found is that they are pretty reliable. But I have no first hand experience.

I am a newbie smoker so I can't offer much experience. I recently started with the Camp Chef PG24 and have only smoked one pork loin. Seems to be well built for the price point. Loin turned very good even though I had to melt the ice off the unit first. (Winter. Yuk.)

I have the STX model. So far i love it. I use it once or twice a week, probably more when it warms back up. I also got the jerky rack for it which is great for maximizing cooking area. So far i really love this unit and have had no issues at all, even smoking down into the single digits outside temps.

Pellet grills are definitely on the lighter side of smoke flavor so if youre lookibg for that deep smoke ,youll need to get an amazn tube too. Ill be getting one soon for cold smoke cheese and for when i want more smoke on my meats. With that said, im still happy with the smoke it puts out as is.

My only gripe is i wish it had a hopper dump, but im getting better with knowing how much to use pers smoke. A small shop vac can be used too empty it out if you need to switch pellets.

Buy with confidence. Great product.

The version I'm considering has the hopper dump, which will make clean up quite a bit nicer.

I have the STX model. So far i love it. I use it once or twice a week, probably more when it warms back up. I also got the jerky rack for it which is great for maximizing cooking area. So far i really love this unit and have had no issues at all, even smoking down into the single digits outside temps.

Pellet grills are definitely on the lighter side of smoke flavor so if youre lookibg for that deep smoke ,youll need to get an amazn tube too. Ill be getting one soon for cold smoke cheese and for when i want more smoke on my meats. With that said, im still happy with the smoke it puts out as is.

My only gripe is i wish it had a hopper dump, but im getting better with knowing how much to use pers smoke. A small shop vac can be used too empty it out if you need to switch pellets.

Buy with confidence. Great product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky