Call the BBQ Police

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's nothing wrong with a little liquid smoke in some sauces to help enhance some flavor. If the overall taste is a success then who cares!

i know a guy who put a 4.5lb brisket flat in a platic tub and bought a HUUUUGGEEE bottle of it from sams club and soaked the whole dang flat in it for 24 hrs....i couldnt tell you how it came out cuz i never went over to try it...lmfao! poor guy! now he knows now to never ever ever speak of bbq..the brisket gods are still not allowing him to Q!! lmao.

i know a guy who put a 4.5lb brisket flat in a platic tub and bought a HUUUUGGEEE bottle of it from sams club and soaked the whole dang flat in it for 24 hrs....i couldnt tell you how it came out cuz i never went over to try it...lmfao! poor guy! now he knows now to never ever ever speak of bbq..the brisket gods are still not allowing him to Q!! lmao.
Wow, I would not have wanted to be him when it came time to eat that.  Or anyone he was feeding it to for that matter.

I use it in sauces sometime. Not very often but I have noticed it is usually winter and don't have anything smoking when I use it.

My very first smoke was in the dead of winter on a frigid day with gale force winds. I learned right away that smoking is a year round hobby. Since then, I have found temperature control isn't so bad. I am actually looking forward to a few winter smokes this year. This was off topic... :-)

-Joe

Where we live, we can only grill/smoke/bbq 1/2 the year as we use charcoal and kinda hard to smoke when minus whatever outside.  So that thar stuff keeps the memories alive during the winter.
canada-flag-68.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky