Cajun/Kansas Surf and Turf.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
My friends from Kansas came back down for another fishing trip this past weekend. The fishing was tough mainly because of unsettled weather. We did catch some fish....but the meals were 5 star! Shrimp Creole over rice Thursday night, Friday night we ate seafood at the Marina restaurant, Saturday night we had Kansas Prime Beef Ribeye steaks 1 1/4" thick grilled to perfection, Fresh garlic and lime grilled gulf shrimp, Seafood baked potato (with leftover shrimp creole), and steamed Kansas sweet corn on the cob.
IMG_20220820_174148.jpg

With Homemade strawberry Ice cream for dessert every night...if you had room to eat it that is! LOL!!

They had fun catching bull reds and put some sheepshead in the box too. We made it out to the close rigs friday and put some snapper on ice. All in all, not the greatest trip, but we still had fun.

Dang that looks good and fishing is fun just about anytime for me! Heck just being in a boat is good for me!

WOW KEITH!! That is nothing short of amazing buddy!! Truly a 5-star effort. I'd happily pay $100 for that plate, and probable order a second one. One of the best looking meals I've seen here. Very nice job my friend.

Robert

food sounds very good!! fishing is always fun, nice just to get out sometimes!
Thanks tbern..

HELL YEAH!
That plate looks :emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star::emoji_star: to me!
Just the tater smothered in the shrimp creole is worthy of accolades in some restaurants.
Thanks chile! I forgot butter, sour cream, or ranch dressing for the potatoes.....then it hit me...hell I have shrimp creole!!! So that's how that happened...True story. LOL!

Dang that looks good and fishing is fun just about anytime for me! Heck just being in a boat is good for me!
Thanks civil!

I could be your friend from Kansas. 😁
Thanks Colin!

WOW KEITH!! That is nothing short of amazing buddy!! Truly a 5-star effort. I'd happily pay $100 for that plate, and probable order a second one. One of the best looking meals I've seen here. Very nice job my friend.

Robert
Thank you Robert! You are too kind. I can't believe I ate the whole plate...nothing left but some gristle and a corn cob! LOL!! It was 5 star for a camp meal.....

Now that is some over the top fine dining

Looks delicous
Thanks Jim!

Beautiful !! I'd be all over that plate. 👍👍
Thanks jaxg!

Now that is some over the top fine dining
Thank you piney! I like to feed everyone real good at the camp.

I could do with that kind of eating!
Jim
Thanks JL! The seafood baked potato will be done again...they were really good!

Keith, that is a heckuva good looking plate. Seriously, you had room for dessert?

Stu
Thanks Stu! I only had room for less than 1 scoop of ice cream Saturday night!! LOL!!! T'was a great meal!

Oh man Keith, If I could still eat shellfish I would be all over that. Come to think of it, I would down a couple plates of that and just have a couple shots of Epi pen after. Would be worth the trip to ER for that meal!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky