Cajun Boiled Peanuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TNJAKE

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 26, 2019
Ridgetop TN🇺🇸
Afternoon fellas and non fellas. Wanted to share a true southern snack with yall. Down here and all across the south you can get hot boiled peanuts at just about any gas station and even at roadside stands. It's a real treat. Heres my take.....

Start out with 2lbs of raw peanuts. Place in large crock pot and add 4qts of water.
20200523_121639.jpg

Add......
1/3c kosher salt
1/4c diced jalapeno
3 fat tbls cajun seasoning
1tsp garlic powder
3tbls crushed red pepper
3oz bag of cajun crab boil
20200523_121503.jpg

20200523_122021.jpg

Pausch the crab boil bag under the peanuts. They will float for the first several hours. Stir in all other seasonings. Cover with lid and set crock pot on low
20200523_122153.jpg

Stir occasionally. Cook on low for 24hrs and add water as needed.

When finished pour some into a cup with some of the juice and enjoy this southern classic. I'll be back tomorrow to show them finished

Boy, I sure miss boiled peanuts! Congestive heart failure keeps me watching the sodium real close. Boiled peanuts might be the thing I miss most. Those look like a great take on a southern treat!

Boy, I sure miss boiled peanuts! Congestive heart failure keeps me watching the sodium real close. Boiled peanuts might be the thing I miss most. Those look like a great take on a southern treat!
Thanks bud. These definitely arent heart or blood pressure friendly. Lol

Reactions: Blues1
Hmmm.... This is fist time I hear about boiled peanuts.... Looks like I am missing a lot in my life! :emoji_disappointed:
Till now!!!! :emoji_laughing: Waiting for the final result, Jake! Thanks for posting!
Thanks and I agree you are missing out lol. They will be soft but not mushy when finished. Spicy but not crazy. Delicious

Reactions: 912smoker
One of the first things I get when I visit my daughter in Georgia. They're really good and yours sound great Jake.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: TNJAKE
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky