Cajun Boiled Peanuts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My family LOVES boiled peanuts, they are a regular staple in their snack rotation.

One hack I have found that delivers consistent results AND cuts the time significantly, is cooking them in the Instant Pot!

Same recipe (I just might have to halve it due to space constraints in the IP) and use the trivet and something to weigh them down under the water. Cook on high pressure for 120 minutes and let it release naturally.

Love this snack!

Reactions: TNJAKE
Yo Jake, is it necessary to use the cajun spices??
The roadside ones, aren't they just salt watered, I never had them spiced like that.

Yo Jake, is it necessary to use the cajun spices??
The roadside ones, aren't they just salt watered, I never had them spiced like that.
Well if you want Cajun boiled peanuts then the Cajun seasoning is necessary lol. There are lots of ways to flavor these and yes salt is one of them

Reactions: eaglewing
Well if you want Cajun boiled peanuts then the Cajun seasoning is necessary lol. There are lots of ways to flavor these and yes salt is one of them
Well, i guess I understand that part about cajun, I just meant is the most popular found down south just salted?

Shoot, I have no problem trying your recipe for sure. Sounds very tasty and love the 4-5 days sitting there for snacking... (even tho they'd be gone in 2 for me...LOL)

One of the cool things about making boiled peanuts is being able to experiment with the spices you put into them.

On a whim a while back, I decided to substitute (part) of the water with pickle juice. And 'pickle peanuts' were born in my house. This is the main way that I make them for my wife now - she absolutely LOVES them this way :)

Hi TNJAKE TNJAKE

I really like boiled peanuts. Thanks for your recipe. Question: I can get raw peanuts in the shell and shelled here. Would you recommend boiling shelled peanuts? It'd be easier to eat a lot of them that way!

Hi TNJAKE TNJAKE

I really like boiled peanuts. Thanks for your recipe. Question: I can get raw peanuts in the shell and shelled here. Would you recommend boiling shelled peanuts? It'd be easier to eat a lot of them that way!

Im sure that you could just as easily do BP that have been shelled, but I would be afraid that they might end up being a little *too* soft as they would be directly exposed to the liquid and heat.

Give it a shot and report back!

Hi TNJAKE TNJAKE

I'd go shell on. Plus the shell is half the fun!

One of the cool things about making boiled peanuts is being able to experiment with the spices you put into them.

On a whim a while back, I decided to substitute (part) of the water with pickle juice. And 'pickle peanuts' were born in my house. This is the main way that I make them for my wife now - she absolutely LOVES them this way :)
I've had spicy dill pickle peanuts before and they are delicious. Agree you can flavor a million ways

Reactions: eaglewing and SGMan
I've had spicy dill pickle peanuts before and they are delicious. Agree you can flavor a million ways
Spicy dill pickle peanuts that you get commercially (with the pickle flavored dust on them) are deeeelish.

Doing your own batch of boiled ones with a salty pickle brine is a whole other flavor level!

We purchase our pickle juice in the gallon jugs and always have a couple on hand for this recipe (and chicken brining)
Best part is it doesn't require refrigeration!

Reactions: TNJAKE
🤣I’ll try yours Jake, maybe they just don’t know how to do them in North Carolina!
North Carolina is basically the New York of the Carolinas. They want to be southern but will forever be haunted by the "north" moniker. Give this recipe a try Jed. You're gonna be blown away by the flavor

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky