Cabbage & Onion Pierogies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
THANKS for posting. Gotta try some. Never heard of or had anything but potato onion pierogie. Cabbage, kraut, etc sound incredibly tasty. Stupid question. Do you just pan fry or need par boiled or? Par boil to freeze?

THANKS for posting. Gotta try some. Never heard of or had anything but potato onion pierogie. Cabbage, kraut, etc sound incredibly tasty. Stupid question. Do you just pan fry or need par boiled or? Par boil to freeze?

Sam I do not par boil before freezing,I dust the baking sheet with corn meal put the Pierogies on an freeze.
Par boil when cooking I do it in one step one pan.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/kielbasi-with-cabbage-pierogies.290922/
Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

I DO Boil them, 3 minutes, drain on a towel and freeze as above. Years ago, we made 20 Dozen and froze them Raw. Some time later, pulled a bunch out to cook and almost all had Cracked! After boiling and frying in Butter and Onion, there was just Shredded Pasta in Butter. Edible but not Pierogi.
Up side to pre-boiling is, Quick Cooking. You can go from Frozen right into a pan of Butter and Onions, over medium heat. Once heated through, it's Supper Time...JJ

Reactions: zwiller
I DO Boil them, 3 minutes, drain on a towel and freeze as above. Years ago, we made 20 Dozen and froze them Raw. Some time later, pulled a bunch out to cook and almost all had Cracked! After boiling and frying in Butter and Onion, there was just Shredded Pasta in Butter. Edible but not Pierogi.
Up side to pre-boiling is, Quick Cooking. You can go from Frozen right into a pan of Butter and Onions, over medium heat. Once heated through, it's Supper Time...JJ

JJ that is why I only use enough water to steam them,when the water is gone add butter brown an serve
Richie

JJ that is why I only use enough water to steam them,when the water is gone add butter brown an serve
Richie

That works too, but how many you cook at a time? For a family meal I need 5 Dozen! I would have to Uncover to stir every couple minutes losing the steam. Left alone, to steam, I would have one Giant, 4" Thick Pierogi...JJ

That works too, but how many you cook at a time? For a family meal I need 5 Dozen! I would have to Uncover to stir every couple minutes losing the steam. Left alone, to steam, I would have one Giant, 4" Thick Pierogi...JJ

Only the wife an I here.
Richie

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Only the wife an I here.
Richie

That sounds nice. I have 2 kids and their spouses here. I have tried to get rid of them, I Spray, tried Starving them out, put out Traps...No Luck, they just won't go away...JJ

Kno what ya mean moved north to be closer,didn't think I would be feeding them more LOL
Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky