Butts were on sale, I could not help but make sausage.......with Sausage-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 3, 2010
Denham Springs La
I founds Butts on sale for $1.29, which is the cheapest I've seen them in a while....... So I had to make some sausage.... Here are some pictures ......... Oh, I tossed in a few eggs also, I'm going to make some smoked egg or chicken salad this week.......
20 lbs of sausage........

A few eggs I tossed in after I took out the sausage........

Letting it cool..........

Bagged, tagged and ready for the freezer........ Thanks for looking ShoneyBoy

Very nice. Wish I could find butts that cheap.

It's been a while, but I use to get them at this time of the year for .88lbs...... I guess those days are long gone........If I can find them for less tha $1.50 I consider that a pretty good price.....

Looks great Mike.... I have a raincheck from food lion for .99/lb I'm saving it for a rainy day and I'm going to wipe them out

Looks awesome shoneyboy,
What kind of sausage were they? Kielbasa? Good score on the price for those butts too. The Sam's club by me has them for $1.69/lb right now which is the best I've seen in a while.

They look great but I've come to expect no less from you now. All your stuff looks xlnt. Safeway had butts here about a month ago for .99 # for a week. After that they shot up to 2 bucks a pound. Costco holding steady at about 1.70 for boneless butts in the bag.....like them for sausage if no deals elsewhere. Just scored a picnic in the bag at Wal-Mart yesterday marked down to 1.00 a pound.....didn't plan on one but couldn't leave it there...LOL....so now have an 8 pounder to smoke off. I saw wings 2 days ago....2.78 a pound!! Unreal....and they put the useless flipper in there as well......Willie

A casual observation

I only counted 23 deviled egs on that tray......... that would suggest that one deviled egg disappeared which would form a smooth dozen eggs. Normally I loss a couple of eggs when cutting them in half, but yours look so clean and uniform leading me to believe there might be a deviled egg burglar in your neighborhood. Only thing worse than an egg burglar is a wiley fox!

It all looks great Sir. I thought I smelled smoking sausage.

A casual observation

I only counted 23 deviled egs on that tray......... that would suggest that one deviled egg disappeared which would form a smooth dozen eggs. Normally I loss a couple of eggs when cutting them in half, but yours look so clean and uniform leading me to believe there might be a deviled egg burglar in your neighborhood. Only thing worse than an egg burglar is a wiley fox!

It all looks great Sir. I thought I smelled smoking sausage.

Oh, there were 14 eggs to start with.......My son is the burglar, he will not eat them deviled, but he does like just smoked eggs with a big piece of smoked sausage.......Nom....Nom......Nom !!!!!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky