Butterball Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yep they are fantastic!
No need to brine them, but I inject mine with Tony C's butter jalapeno marinade.
Al

Pretty much all I smoke are enhanced birds. I slightly disagree with Al and find that enhanced birds need a little more salt for my tastes but just half the salt. For the ultimate smoked turkey check out Pops thread and use his brine. Use the low salt version.

Pretty much all I smoke are enhanced birds. I slightly disagree with Al and find that enhanced birds need a little more salt for my tastes but just half the salt. For the ultimate smoked turkey check out Pops thread and use his brine. Use the low salt version.
^^^This. anything with @pops6927 name on it is a safe bet for great results!

Reactions: zwiller
I'm more with Al on this one. If the bird is already enhanced then I'd just give it a shot or two of flavor with the big needle.

Chris

I'm more with Al on this one. If the bird is already enhanced then I'd just give it a shot or two of flavor with the big needle.

Chris
X2.
Plus I spatchcock most birds to get more smoke coverage & done sooner. Exception is beer can chicken.

I just did a 16 lb bird this past Friday. I always inject, never brine...cooked at 275 for about 4 hours. Turned out fantastic.

Injection Recipe
1/2 stick butter - melted
1 Tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp white pepper
2 Tbs fav poultry rub (put into spice grinder so it doesn't clog needle)
1/2 can chicken broth

cool and then inject bird

There you as is with a lot of the things on here it all comes down to personal preference so what do you do . You try all the different ways then you decide which one best suits you and stay with it. A course you'll have to smoke more than one turkey to achieve this.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky