Butter Swim Biscuits

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Easy

Melted butter in the pan.
IMG_5193.jpg

Batter on the butter. Spread it out to the sides.
IMG_5195.jpg

Sides will get crunchy. Let sit for 10 mins.
IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_5200.JPG

You can double this.

4 tablespoons butter , melted (½ stick)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup buttermilk

Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).

Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a medium-sized bowl.

Pour in the buttermilk and stir until combined. Be careful not to overwork the batter.

Pour the melted butter into a 5x5 pan or 8x8 will work.

Place the dough on top of the butter and use a rubber spatula or the back of a spoon to evenly
spread the dough out to the edges of the baking dish. Place the baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any possible spills.

Cut the unbaked dough into 4 squares.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.

Let the biscuits rest in the pan for at least 10 minutes so that the butter can be absorbed into the biscuits before cutting

These were the rage on Facebook food groups for quite awhile. Gotta be good with all that butter.

They look great and I love making them, like said had me at butter

I made them in the special meal I made for Mother in-law back in Feb.2021, its in my signature

David

I'm mixing in 50% olive oil with my melted butter-rich recipes. Both for health and pocketbook reasons. Don't feel I'm suffering much for it.

Looks delicious! Think I'd douse mine with gravy just cuz I can!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky