"Mother in law asked for it" with pictures

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
"Mother in law asked for it" with pictures, First off she is in her low 80"s and does not ask for much. Very sweet lady. But she asked if i could do some ribs for her. So of coarse i said yes. She normally comes out once a month on the weekend to pay cards and have 1 beer. So i thought it would be nice if i made it special. So i made up a menu and emailed it to here for Saturday's supper. Here is the menu

1.jpg

So i also mailed it to her other daughter and made it a meal for 6 people ( big thank you to Mrs.Bear pie was fantastic ).
So it is St. Louis with Vanilla-Brown Sugar Glaze
Split chicken wings, Smoked Mac and Cheese, smoker was nice and full
Inside i made Butter-Swim Biscuits and topped it off with
Mrs. Bears Cherries in the Snow pie

So here are some shots of the meal
Thanks for looking
2.JPG
3.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG

Way too much food for 6 people .....awwww left overs today for lunch , supper and watch the hockey game tonight, Thanks for looking, David

WOW!! That looks amazing. Very nice meal all around and kudos for taking care of the MIL. Sadly mine passed about 5 years ago. She too was a great lady and is missed by the whole family. This brings back some very fond memories of family meals we shared. Thank you for posting. A nice way to start a Sunday...with a smile :emoji_blush:

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
WOW!! That looks amazing. Very nice meal all around and kudos for taking care of the MIL. Sadly mine passed about 5 years ago. She too was a great lady and is missed by the whole family. This brings back some very fond memories of family meals we shared. Thank you for posting. A nice way to start a Sunday...with a smile :emoji_blush:

Robert
Sorry about your MIL, that is why i try to do what ever makes her smile. She likes coming out to play cards and have 1 warm beer, LOL
Thanks very much for the like
David

.Fantastic, David!!! Like.
Great looking Food, and really Nice of you for being so nice to a Great Lady!!
I understand it too, because My Mother-in-Law was the Nicest Lady I ever Met.
We lost her to Cancer when she was only 63 years old, in 1981. I still miss her.
I'm also glad the "Cherries in the Snow" were involved in such a Beautiful Event.

Bear

Reactions: DRKsmoking
DRK, morning... Well, I've been sitting here for some time, trying to come up with something appropriate and intelligent to say about that meal and the kindness you bestowed toward the MIL... I'm at a loss...
Thanks daveomak, i understand what you are not saying, means alot
thanks for the like
David

Great meal from a good SIL and nothing like breaking bread with those special people in your life.
Thanks for the like 912smoker
this time in the world it is nice to still have your family and friends to try to try together with, even if it is in small groups
David

Reactions: Brokenhandle
.Fantastic, David!!! Like.
Great looking Food, and really Nice of you for being so nice to a Great Lady!!
I understand it too, because My Mother-in-Law was the Nicest Lady I ever Met.
We lost her to Cancer when she was only 63 years old, in 1981. I still miss her.
I'm also glad the "Cherries in the Snow" were involved in such a Beautiful Event.

Bear
Thanks Bear , its hard when they are gone , so we try to do whatever we can while they are still with us
Thanks for the like
The pie was a big hit , i made 2 so i could have one for just me and Mona when they all left
David

Very cool David! All the food looks great and love the custom menu. I miss have my FiL around for things like this. I’ve not heard of the game rumolli

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky