Butchers sundries, anyone bought any supplies from them?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mike w

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 13, 2014
Virginia
I just googled for hog casings and this company popped up. I was curious if anyone has bought from them and how did you like their products. Looks like they are based in Derbyshire.
Thanks!

No I do not know of them. I usually get mine from Weschenfelders

Thanks Wade, I bookmarked Weschenfelders. I'll compare them. I just noticed on the butchers sundries page that their vac seal bags seemed like great price. I don't know if I can use them with my vac sealer but I thought I could give them a ring and ask and get some hog casings.

Hi Mike, yes I have used them several times. Had Hog Casings, Black Pudding Casings and Black Dried Blood and Sausage flavourings like Bratwurst etc.

Thanks Monkey, I'm going to place an order with them for casings and some other stuff. Much obliged!

They are on the same road as our works office at Measham, I have had stuff from them and they are very helpful. Give them a ring and have a chat with them, I am sure they will help out.

blimey! they do a 24kg pack of onion powder, I get through some but 24kg I would have to come back in another life several times
icon_eek.gif

We could use it for next years smokers weekend =)

blimey! they do a 24kg pack of onion powder, I get through some but 24kg I would have to come back in another life several times:icon_eek:

Now garlic powder would be different. We have a huge vampire problem here in Kent and I buy mine by the 2.5 Kg...

I finally got an order placed for hog and sheep casings and some butchers hooks and the ham stockings. Looking forward to making some sausages.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky