Butchers sundries, anyone bought any supplies from them?

Discussion in 'UK Smokers' started by mike w, Aug 16, 2016.

1. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

I just googled for hog casings and this company popped up. I was curious if anyone has bought from them and how did you like their products. Looks like they are based in Derbyshire.
    Thanks!

2. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

No I do not know of them. I usually get mine from Weschenfelders

3. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

Thanks Wade, I bookmarked Weschenfelders. I'll compare them. I just noticed on the butchers sundries page that their vac seal bags seemed like great price. I don't know if I can use them with my vac sealer but I thought I could give them a ring and ask and get some hog casings.

4. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hi Mike, yes I have used them several times. Had Hog Casings, Black Pudding Casings and Black Dried Blood and Sausage flavourings like Bratwurst etc.

5. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

Thanks Monkey, I'm going to place an order with them for casings and some other stuff. Much obliged!

6. They are on the same road as our works office at Measham, I have had stuff from them and they are very helpful. Give them a ring and have a chat with them, I am sure they will help out.

7. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

Thanks Baz!

8. homeruk

homeruk Smoke Blower

blimey! they do a 24kg pack of onion powder, I get through some but 24kg I would have to come back in another life several times[​IMG]

9. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

We could use it for next years smokers weekend =)

10. smokin monkey

smokin monkey Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Onion overload!

11. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now garlic powder would be different. We have a huge vampire problem here in Kent and I buy mine by the 2.5 Kg...

12. osprey2

osprey2 Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I did have 25 kg of french garlic. Alas down to 5 now.

13. mike w

mike w Smoking Fanatic

I finally got an order placed for hog and sheep casings and some butchers hooks and the ham stockings. Looking forward to making some sausages.