Burnt Ends and Pimento Cheese Pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phrogpilot73

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 22, 2018
Virginia Beach, VA
So, instead of just reheating leftovers - and since my wife got me a pretty sweet pizza wheel at the Christmas market... I figured today was a good day to play with my food. Burnt Ends and Pimento Cheese Pizza. I told my wife that this could be named "The South will Rise Again" if it's good, and "The North Won the War!" if it's bad...

Thin spread of pimento cheese on the crust, then just a touch of pizza sauce (enough to fill the gaps mainly). Left over burnt ends that I sliced thin, topped with the Sargento Authentic Mexican (queso quesadilla, asadero, queso gallego, manchego, anejo enchilado) - although if I did it again, I think I'd just stick with Manchego. Then black olive and vidalia onion, a drizzle of BBQ sauce, and then some cotija cheese to top it off.

IMG_4765.png

IMG_4767.png

The South Will Rise Again! It was really damn good. I told you I like to play with my food, and as we sat down to eat - I told my wife (who was unsure about it) that fortune favors the bold.

Sounds good. I love pimento cheese but I can't ever find any like I had when I was a kid. What did you use?
I used Palmetto Cheese from Pawley's Island Specialty Foods. Don't know how it compares to the stuff you had as a kid, but my wife tells me it's pretty authentic. I eat it by itself, use it on burgers, made sandwiches out of it, etc. In my neck of the woods, they have it at Harris Teeter and Costco. I tried the Aldi brand, and it sucked.

Phrog, that pizza looks mighty inviting to me. Is my slice still warm.

Point for sure.
Chris

I used Palmetto Cheese from Pawley's Island Specialty Foods. Don't know how it compares to the stuff you had as a kid, but my wife tells me it's pretty authentic. I eat it by itself, use it on burgers, made sandwiches out of it, etc. In my neck of the woods, they have it at Harris Teeter and Costco. I tried the Aldi brand, and it sucked.
Palmetto cheese is the only store bought pimento cheese I've ever liked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky