Burnt End Q

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
alright ladies and gentlemen - I owe some pictures to the forum and tomorrows the day! 3 little ones in the summer make smoking meats a little sparse. I’m making burnt ends out of an 8lb beef navel tomorrow. I’m cubing up first to get bark on all sides. I did that with an A5 brisket point last year and they were off the charts. Assuming cubes are about 1 inch all around how long would you guess until they’re 180? Plan is to get a really good bark and then pan them around 180 with a little moisture, then back on naked to finish up. I’m thinking all in 6 hours at 250ish. Thinking 3-4 naked, 1-2 in braising I’m covered pan; then back on grates if needed to firm up bark/. Why do y’all think?

Reactions: LoydB
Here's how I did them.

Assuming you are running your smoker at 225, I would assume 8-9 hours including sear time on a hot grill.

- Jason

I would guess that the time it took with the A-5 would be about the same as these. Of course since the meat is different it would be an estimate, but it would sure give you an idea of the approximate finish time.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky