Burgers - with an added twist!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Since the wife was out and about last night with her friends, and wouldn't be home for supper. Skidmark and I took it as an open invite to smoke/cook whatever we(well I) wanted. I was kind of craving a good pizza, but at the same time I wanted a good burger. Well dang-nab-it there has to be a happy in-between. Low and behold it dawned on me - a pizza burger, but not just any pizza burger. A New England style deep dish pizza burger.

First the fix'ins: Two pound chub of JD sausage, jar of pizza sauce, pepperoni, ham, Mozzarella cheese, home smoked cheddar, and a tube of pie crust.(I didn't use the TCs because of skid).
DSC01121.JPG
Now to form the buger using the squish method:
DSC01122.JPG

Two half pound sausage cups:
DSC01123.JPG

Add some bacon, ham, and pepperoni
DSC01124.JPG

...added some cheese, sauce and of course their winter jacket. It was starting to get cold in these here parts. Used the rest of the crust to make some garlic bread sticks.
DSC01126.JPG

...after a short spell. I tossed on the top layer of cheese. Starting to take on a nice color.
DSC01128.JPG

Close up of the finished bread sticks. They tasted good dipped into the left over sauce.
DSC01129.JPG

Burgers all done and off the grill.
DSC01133.JPG

Better angle:

DSC01134.JPG

Heres mine - although I didn't eat it that night.

DSC01137.JPG

The next day reheated in the oven...sliced shot:
DSC01138.JPG

Well I'm gotta say. I'm a NY style pizza guy, but have always wanted to try deep dish. These were excellent. Bonus with the dough I didn't need to find a bun or use a fork to eat these. Hands only...

Thanks for taking a looksie.

Chris

Attachments

• DSC01127.JPG
    DSC01127.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 15
Since the wife was out and about last night with her friends, and wouldn't be home for supper. Skidmark and I took it as an open invite to smoke/cook whatever we(well I) wanted. I was kind of craving a good pizza, but at the same time I wanted a good burger. Well dang-nab-it there has to be a happy in-between. Low and behold it dawned on me - a pizza burger, but not just any pizza burger. A New England style deep dish pizza burger.

First the fix'ins: Two pound chub of JD sausage, jar of pizza sauce, pepperoni, ham, Mozzarella cheese, home smoked cheddar, and a tube of pie crust.(I didn't use the TCs because of skid).
View attachment 409495 Now to form the buger using the squish method:
View attachment 409496

Two half pound sausage cups:
View attachment 409497
Add some bacon, ham, and pepperoni
View attachment 409498

...added some cheese, sauce and of course their winter jacket. It was starting to get cold in these here parts. Used the rest of the crust to make some garlic bread sticks.
View attachment 409500

...after a short spell. I tossed on the top layer of cheese. Starting to take on a nice color.
View attachment 409502

Close up of the finished bread sticks. They tasted good dipped into the left over sauce.
View attachment 409503

Burgers all done and off the grill.View attachment 409507
Better angle:

View attachment 409508
Heres mine - although I didn't eat it that night.

View attachment 409511

The next day reheated in the oven...sliced shot:
View attachment 409512

Well I'm gotta say. I'm a NY style pizza guy, but have always wanted to try deep dish. These were excellent. Bonus with the dough I didn't need to find a bun or use a fork to eat these. Hands only...

Thanks for taking a looksie.

Chris
Now this is nice. Super creative for sure. Points!

Reactions: JC in GB
Nicely done. . . It is to our benefit if your wife slips out with her friends occasionally. More out of the box thinking on some delicious looking food from you and Skid :emoji_wink:

Reactions: JC in GB
Chris , you have some fantastic ideas . That looks great . Nice work bud .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky