Burgers on My Weber “Q”

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Burgers on My Weber “Q”

I never used to buy these pre-made Frozen Burgers, but I’ll tell you what—They really aren’t too bad!!! Plus Bear Jr taught me to put them on the Grill while they’re still frozen, so they don’t stick to the grill, and you can get a nice
charred surface without getting the whole burger too well done!

So I got my “Q” nice & Hot, and dropped 6 Patties on.
Flipped them after one side was about right, and kept that up until they looked Just Right.
Then I put a slice of Cheese on the one I planned on eating first.

I’ll explain the other things I did in the Captions above each picture below:

Thanks for Looking!

Bear

Six Frozen Patties getting warmed up:
IMG_7292.jpeg

Ready to remove from "Q":
IMG_7293.jpeg

Closer Look:
IMG_7294.jpeg

Ketchup & Yellow Mustard:
IMG_7295.jpeg

Moosh them together:
IMG_7296.jpeg

Close & add some Pickle Chips for Bear's First night's Supper:
IMG_7297.jpeg

Cutting some Fries with my $10 Fry Cutter:
IMG_7298.jpeg

Into the Ninja they go: Note: The round pieces were the Tater ends I cut off:
IMG_7299.jpeg

Plating my Second Night's Supper:
IMG_7301.jpeg

Bear's Second Night's Supper, with Deviled Eggs & Fries:
IMG_7302.jpeg

Prepping Night #3 Bun:
IMG_7303.jpeg

Plating Night #3:
IMG_7304.jpeg

Bear's Third Night's Supper---Cheeseburger with a few Shrimp & Pickled Red Beets:
IMG_7305.jpeg

Good looking meal . That's a week night go to for us . Always cook from frozen .
Nothing wrong with those at all .
Nice work on the fries too .

Nothing wrong with frozen premade patties.
Sometimes we'll buy fresh premade patties, cook what we need, then vac seal and freeze the rest for the next time.

I love cheese burgers, but 3 night in a row? You gotta be a Super Fan! Looks good...JJ

I love cheese burgers, but 3 night in a row? You gotta be a Super Fan! Looks good...JJ

Thanks Jimmy!!
LOL---3 nights in a row isn't too much for something I like. I've been doing that all my life. Now 5 or 6 days would be too much. I can even get tired of Prime Rib after 5 Nights. I usually Freeze what's left of a Prime Rib, after the 4th night.

Bear

Good looking burgers Bear.

The best burgers I've done have always been done on my Q.

Nice piece of work John, Like! I'd be putting those beets on my burger for a little crunch factor. I had a buddy that used to toss frozen steaks right on the grill at hog hunting camp, came out with a great char and perfect to eat. RAY

Great meal Bear! I agree, peel off the frozen patties you need while still frozen (a spatula is a prying tool, right?) and shoot 'em right onto the grill. Helps keep them juicy on the inside. Once the topsides get "wet", I shake on the seasoning I want.

Only thing missing is a slice of raw onion.

And I don't know what's wrong with some of these Folks. It's not like you ate burgers for breakfast too! :emoji_wink:

Reactions: JLeonard
Good looking meal . That's a week night go to for us . Always cook from frozen .
Nothing wrong with those at all .
Nice work on the fries too .

Thank You Rich!!
You know it's funny---I like my Deerburgers more, and my Deerburger substitute too.
However there's something special about these Frozen Patties that my Taste buds like.

Bear

Flipping frozen patties? How easy can it get? Nice job.

Thank You Craig!!
I used to eat these at Picnics at other people's houses, and I never cared for them, but these surprised me. They're pretty darn good. Mrs Bear likes them too!!

Bear

I love all that! Like the plated sitch!

Thank You Sandy!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nothing wrong with frozen premade patties.
Sometimes we'll buy fresh premade patties, cook what we need, then vac seal and freeze the rest for the next time.

Thank You Sir!!
Dang things aint cheap either---Between $3 and $7 per pound!!!
LOL---I take the $3,67 per pound.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
We'll buy the frozen patties and keep them in the freezer. Like you said throw 'em on the grill frozen and they turn out pretty good. Great for a quick meal. Especially now that the 13yo is getting ready to start back to school and his football season is getting ready to kick off.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky