Burgers and Brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Went simple last night. The humidity was unbearable here. Just some burgers and some brats for dinner. Leftovers for lunches at work.

Fire up the 22" with the Vortex: Brats added
DSC01811.JPG

A man's gotta stay hydrated:
DSC01816.JPG

Remove the Brats and add the burgers. This is after the flip. Mine have a slice of American and Muenster cheese
DSC01814.JPG

DSC01822.JPG

Add some store bought potato/egg salad, some KFC coleslaw, and Bingo we have ourselves a simple meal. Without heating up the house.

DSC01823.JPG

Thanks for taking a peek at this no frill cook.

Chris

Looks great from here, I also like the American Flag in the background of the PBR ! PM me back and tell me about the vortex. I am no familiar with that.

HT

Appreciate that HT. The Vortex is a means of producing extremely high heat in your kettle. You can use it wide side up(like I did for this thread) for searing steaks or multiple smaller pieces of meat. You can use it narrow side up for even higher heat for doing chick parts or mimicking an air fryer. It can be placed on the charcoal grate wide side up for a shield when doing beer can chicken or pork butts.

Narrow side up Chicken wings:

1623339869818.png

Chicken parmesan narrow side up:

1623340011683.png

Just be careful. If your kettle doesn't have the clamshell the handle will get really hot. I have to use a glove to lift my lid.

Simple is good.

Thanks Norman and for the like. I couldn't agree more.

Chris

Reactions: hoity toit
All looks great . High heat indirect on the kettle is the best way to cook brats in my opinion . Nice work .

You know it Rich. The brats come out crispy, juicy with great coloring. One unfortunately took a brat pee on me when I picked it up off the grate. Thanks for the like and complement also.

Perfect summer meal!

LIKE!

John

It was 90* here with high humidity. Outside or take out this was the perfect choice. Thanks for the like and kindly words also John.

Chris

Food looks great, but your tall boy is looking a little bit naked! lol

Naked you say. The cozy covers the label so I have to prop the can up. It's also sitting on my beer pole. Thanks for the compliment appreciate it.

Looks good from here. Many times in life, I subscribe to the KISS method....

Love the method - HATE the band LOL. In this heat wave we've been experiencing lately this was great meal. Appreciate the like also Smoking.

Chris

View attachment 499548

Looks good from where I am sitting Chris! Glad you thought to keep hydrated as well. After all your health is the most important thing!

Hydration is never an issue around here. You know that John. I always have one of my covid antibiotics within arms reach on BBQ day. Thanks for the like also it's much appreciated.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky