Built in pellet grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dstrang

Original poster
Aug 6, 2022
I've never owned a smoker and plan to incorporate a built in smoker in my outdoor kitchen. Looking for some opinions on which unit to choose.

I've narrowed down to the following

Louisiana grill BU 860BI

Coyote C1P28 or C1P36

Memphis Beale Street 26"

Rec Teq 1070 RT-1070

They are all within my price range, just looking for anyone's experience with any of the models listed and which one is the best unit to install. I'm looking for longevity and quality so lets keep price out of the comparison on these models. I live in Canada, so heat efficiency will be important as it gets pretty cold in the winter, something to consider in your review

Also some of these grills have wifi capability, some do not. I've never smoked anything before so I don't have an opinion, is the wifi and Bluetooth something that is a gamechanger or is it more just a gimmick and something you don't necessarily need

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated

I've never owned any on your list, but I will comment on the bluetooth/wifi. When I got my Camp Chef, I felt like it was more of a gimmick than anything, but I've come to find it extremely useful. I don't wander off too far while I have a cook going, but it's nice to be able to go mow, weedeat, work in the garden, etc, and be able to keep an eye on things without having to stop what I'm doing to go look at the display on the controller.

I've never owned a smoker and plan to incorporate a built in smoker in my outdoor kitchen. Looking for some opinions on which unit to choose.

I've narrowed down to the following

Louisiana grill BU 860BI

Coyote C1P28 or C1P36

Memphis Beale Street 26"

Rec Teq 1070 RT-1070

They are all within my price range, just looking for anyone's experience with any of the models listed and which one is the best unit to install. I'm looking for longevity and quality so lets keep price out of the comparison on these models. I live in Canada, so heat efficiency will be important as it gets pretty cold in the winter, something to consider in your review

Also some of these grills have wifi capability, some do not. I've never smoked anything before so I don't have an opinion, is the wifi and Bluetooth something that is a gamechanger or is it more just a gimmick and something you don't necessarily need

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated
I have multiple rec tec grills and can tell you from experience they are fantastic. Their customer service is the best I have ever had. Not to mention they have a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty. It's an all stainless set up and the controller works flawlessly. I have ran overnight cooks in temps as low as 10 deg F with no issues.
20220806_100811.jpg

I just purchased a RT 1250 & like C Crazy88 I sure love mine, at least so far. I resisted getting a pellet pooper for the longest time, but am very happy that I have the RT now. I have been trying to find something that I don’t like about it, but so far nothing yet!
Al

Ive had my Rec Tec for at least 4 years maybe more. It works flawlessly every time. Ive run it in snowstorms and 100 degree days. It’s seriously great. Customer service at RT is also over the top. I needed some help, emailed them and they called me in just a few minutes to help me sort out my sitch (It was a setting I needed to change).

The RT-1070 is made for a built in application.

Feel free to ask any question about RT. Lots of us have them on here and are happy they have one…or more

Thanks for the reply. I’d probably buy the cart as well since I’m not doing a built-in. Reason I’m looking at this one is the front-loading pellet box….and Smokin Brothers for same reason. I’ve only a 40” wide space and want to maximize grill cooking surface capacity and having the pellet box on the side isn’t efficient in this regard.
So, looks like it’s either a front-loading pellet or an insulated upright electric for me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky