BUILD COMPLETED! Pics Start - Finish

Discussion in 'Reverse Flow' started by tackleberry, May 4, 2015.

1. tackleberry

tackleberry Newbie

Thanks to all here for your input.  I tested this unit over the weekend and it all worked pretty flawless on the first try.  Here are a few pictures from start to finish on the build.  

The start of by Cook Chamber.  Made with re-used 3" insulated cooler panels.  

Cook chamber is basically done here expect for the RF Baffle plate.

This is the Fire Box.  Made with 3/16" plate.  Interior grating is about 4" above the bottom.

Here is one of the SS stands that hold by cooking trays.   

This 1/4" SS Mesh is what i used for my cooking trays..

This angle will support the RF Baffle plate in the Cook Chamber.

Here is the final product.  I used a SS plenum style chimney with about 6" extended into the CC.  To season the smoker i lit some charcoal in the FB and placed a couple pieces of maple and oak wood on top to get some flame going.  in 15 min i was over 200F in the CC.  I closed the damper on the chimney to see if it would heat up faster, and it did.  Once it got to 260F I dampened upper intake and lower intake in FB to virtually closed and opened the chimney damper a bit.  It held at about 240 - 260F for over 3 hours with the initial bit of Fuel i put in the FB.  I know it doesn't look as pretty as some, but i can't be happier with how the initial run went...

foamheart likes this.
  2. smokejumper

smokejumper Smoking Fanatic

Nice looking smoker tackleberry.

Time to get some meat on that baby!

3. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great and a lot of cooking space! Any plans for wheels? I'm guessing you have something around to move it with.Thumbs Up

4. Great work.  Are you going to be catering with this thing?

5. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I think it looks great! I would have to find one of those Ice Bag cooler logos for it. I think it would be perfect! maybe the neon sign for the back side of the top Flashes 24 hr Ice or whatever they say....LOL

Looks to me like a great size too.

I'm impressed.

6. Nice Job     Cool Smoker 

Gary

7. locovet

locovet Fire Starter

Nice! I like it!

8. lendecatural

lendecatural Smoking Fanatic

Very nice! Its almost to pretty to get grease on!

9. tykenn28

tykenn28 Fire Starter

Do you have any picture of the inside of your CC?

10. tackleberry

tackleberry Newbie

[​IMG]

tykenn28 likes this.