Build after nearly 3 years of use

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BDubz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 28, 2018
Phoenix
IMG_20200930_143315620_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20200930_143348969_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200930_143355410_HDR.jpg

Those look very sturdy. For reference, what is the actual size? I'm really confused on the stove with the pedestal base.
The little chimney on the pedestal is only about 4 feet high total. It's an old auxillary air tank with a vented door. We use it on the patio during fall and winter nights. It works well and boils water great for hot cocoa.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks like it is surviving quite well.
I have a large dual direct/indirect stick smoker, and built the small one to get my mind cleared as I was a caregiver for a family member who was dying of cancer. It's kinda over built but holding up awesome over the years. I live in Arizona so we don't get much rain to rustem out.

Reactions: sawhorseray
There are smokers that people build that are functional without design, then there are builds that I've seen that are works of art, and are a nightmare to run. If yours functions even half as well as it looks, then it's both, as it couldn't look any better. Even the tools on the side and their holder looks great.

Reactions: bill1
I have a large dual direct/indirect stick smoker, and built the small one to get my mind cleared as I was a caregiver for a family member who was dying of cancer. It's kinda over built but holding up awesome over the years. I live in Arizona so we don't get much rain to rustem out.

I live in Gilbert about 40 minutes away from you. I've got $4K wrapped up into a my offset SQ36 and my electric Pro 100. The most valuable tool in the box is my 22" Weber. RAY

Reactions: bauchjw
Those look very sturdy. For reference, what is the actual size? I'm really confused on the stove with the pedestal base.
The cook chamber size is 19"L. X 12" Deep.
As for the other pedestal deal. Its just a fire pit with a coffee warmer/boiling plate on the top.

Looks like it is surviving quite well.
It's actually my favorite thing to cook on. It takes small wood chunks, holds heat well, and is holding up better than I could've imagined. It now nearly 4 years old and cook so efficiently it's ridiculous.
Just refreshed it with a new coat of BBQ paint.
IMG_20211206_181825358.jpg
IMG_20211206_181815154.jpg

Wow! Those are some cool builds! I’m digging the anchor detail, I didn’t know Navy was allowed to move so far away from the water?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky