• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Featured Build after nearly 3 years of use

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 1, 2019
Those look very sturdy. For reference, what is the actual size? I'm really confused on the stove with the pedestal base.

BDubz

Joined Feb 28, 2018
Those look very sturdy. For reference, what is the actual size? I'm really confused on the stove with the pedestal base.
The little chimney on the pedestal is only about 4 feet high total. It's an old auxillary air tank with a vented door. We use it on the patio during fall and winter nights. It works well and boils water great for hot cocoa.

BDubz

Joined Feb 28, 2018
Looks like it is surviving quite well.
I have a large dual direct/indirect stick smoker, and built the small one to get my mind cleared as I was a caregiver for a family member who was dying of cancer. It's kinda over built but holding up awesome over the years. I live in Arizona so we don't get much rain to rustem out.

Hijack73

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 9, 2020
There are smokers that people build that are functional without design, then there are builds that I've seen that are works of art, and are a nightmare to run. If yours functions even half as well as it looks, then it's both, as it couldn't look any better. Even the tools on the side and their holder looks great.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
I have a large dual direct/indirect stick smoker, and built the small one to get my mind cleared as I was a caregiver for a family member who was dying of cancer. It's kinda over built but holding up awesome over the years. I live in Arizona so we don't get much rain to rustem out.
I live in Gilbert about 40 minutes away from you. I've got $4K wrapped up into a my offset SQ36 and my electric Pro 100. The most valuable tool in the box is my 22" Weber. RAY

JLeonard

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 17, 2020
I love the heater build. I could see myself sitting around that on a cold night.
Jim

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Very cool!
Al

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Great Looking Pair!!
Like.

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.