Bugs-N-Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Well the bug boil went pretty good.
I only got 10 pounds because im the only one eating them.

IMG_4481.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

Now my bread was a different story.
First thing was said was "What did you do different"
Nothing same recipe but this time i baked in the oven in the RV.
IMG_4463.jpg

IMG_4466.jpg

Bingo

Bake in the kettle it taste better.

I know it’s a popular meal, but nope can’t eat it haha. It does look good though and a lot of fun to make. Glad you liked it

Rick that is one great looking meal!! I just wish I could get racy to eat mud bugs. They are a lot of work but man oh man are they worth the effort.

Robert

Looks like a great meal. Never had them but willing to try if prepared by someone knowing how. I believe hard to find in PA.

Well the bug boil went pretty good.
I only got 10 pounds because im the only one eating them.

View attachment 493084

View attachment 493088

Now my bread was a different story.
First thing was said was "What did you do different"
Nothing same recipe but this time i baked in the oven in the RV.
View attachment 493087

View attachment 493086

Bingo

Bake in the kettle it taste better.
That looks great! Unfortunately for me that whole meal is a no go...Type 2 diabetic so no bread and severe allergy to shellfish so no Crayfish...booo

I love those things Rick!
Can’t get them fresh around here, so every once in a while I buy frozen, but they are not the same as fresh!
Al

Thanks All

I love bugs so when i get a chance to eat um im there.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Looks like a great meal. Never had them but willing to try if prepared by someone knowing how. I believe hard to find in PA.

I used to catch a lot of them in SouthEast PA, but none were worthy of human consumption. However they make Awesome Bass Bait!!!

Bear

Reactions: buzzy
My last bbq up in Lehighton i had 30 pounds delivered. I had 40 people there to help eat em.

Reactions: Bearcarver
AWWWWW MAN... Had I known... We coulda worked something out and came down ... you guys got me hooked on em at Jerry's ... I tried getting some for the S FL. Gathering but they are out of season in Nov.

Looks good!
When I was a kid, I'd fish the banks of some small streams near my grandparent's house in Oregon. Usually I'd have a sandwich packed with me sitting on the sand, and those darn things would crawl out of the water after my sandwich! I still can't figure out how they could smell it underwater?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky