Buffalo cutter

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

streetguy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2016
I've been kicking around the idea of getting a buffalo chopper. Dose anyone know if the bowl comes off or if you have to clean it attached to the machine?

The chopping bowl unlocks from the machine for cleaning.

I missed my chance on a Hobart few years ago for $200

The bowl comes off but the blade guard doesn't on most, as far as I know.
I know my scharfen doesn't and it's a pain to clean.

Actually I think Iam leaning towards a bowl chopper like a Robot coupe. Its like a food processor on steroids.

Actually I think Iam leaning towards a bowl chopper like a Robot coupe. Its like a food processor on steroids.

Your Title says BUFFALO Cutter. Completely different Animal from a Robot Coupe.
Buffalo " Choppers " has Vertcal Blades and the Spinning Bowl, continuously feed the meat to the blades. The combined action makes for fast processing, especially when an Emulsified product is desired.
The Robot Coupe, even the largest model, having a Horizontal Blade and Stationary Bowl, is probably HALF the cost of a Buffalo Chopper.
Regardless, both are Great cutters. The Robot Coupe being Smaller and offers a great selection of work saving attachment...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky