Buffalo chicken taco sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I saw a video on these a few years ago. I dont remember where but they are a pretty good appetizer of finger food for a ball game.

Start out cuting rounds from some large flour tortillas. I used a ring from a canning jar.
0101211421.jpg

Then I chopped up some leftover smoked chicken. About 2 cups chopped.
0101211437.jpg

Mix 1/2cup melted butter and 1/4 cup Frank's. Dunk each tortilla round in and shake off the excess. Place in a upside down muffin pan.
0101211441.jpg
0101211446_HDR.jpg

Bake @ 350° for about 10 min. Once they cool arange them on a baking sheet.
0101211650.jpg

Thess things are tiny!
0101211520.jpg

Fill them with the buffalo chicken mixture.
Mixture:
2 cups chopped chicken
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup Frank's
( this is basic recipe. Feel free to add other things such as garlic/chives or green onion)

0101211658a.jpg
0101211713.jpg

Then top them with some jack or another good melting cheese and back into the oven to melt the cheese.

I stole a few before I remembered to take a picture lol
0101211929b.jpg

You can seve them with some carrots and celery. And some blue cheese dresing and ranch
Good stuff for sure!
Thanks for taking a look!

Looks like they'd be pretty tasty Travis, nice little trick with the cupcake pan too! RAY

WOAH. That is pretty cool! BOOKMARKED. I think I will make for the Browns game!

Yup . I bet those are good . I have used the back of a cup cake pan to make small bowls with biscuit dough . That's a great tip for taco shells .

I will be doing something like these for sure, we love doing tacos in our house either more traditional or inventive. I wonder how a red sauce and shredded beef or venison roast would work? Thanks for sharing.

These are tasty. Haven't made them for a few years thanks for the reminder. We also use the muffin tin trick for making taco shells.

Looks like they'd be pretty tasty Travis, nice little trick with the cupcake pan too! RAY
Thanks RAY! Good thing my wife bakes or i probably wouldnt even have a cup cake pan! Lol!
View attachment 480002

Damn those look good Travis. The upside down muffin pan is genius. Only problem is I could eat about 15 of those things!
thanks! 15?? I usually eat about 3 per beer.....i baught a 30 rack that day. Needless to say I should have made more lol.
WOAH. That is pretty cool! BOOKMARKED. I think I will make for the Browns game!
thanks zwiller! These are perfect for the game!!

Yup . I bet those are good . I have used the back of a cup cake pan to make small bowls with biscuit dough . That's a great tip for taco shells .
Thanks chop! I like the biscuit bowl idea. Might have to try that.
Very cool Travis. Looks like they'd be a delicious appetizer. I'll take 54 please
Thanks Jake! 54....thats about the perfect amount!
I will be doing something like these for sure, we love doing tacos in our house either more traditional or inventive. I wonder how a red sauce and shredded beef or venison roast would work? Thanks for sharing.
yup! Id give it a go. Ive done these "green chicken enchilada"style before. They were good. Ive also done a chorizo style. All good. Biggest thing to remember is the dunking step. For the tortillas. Whatever mix you use make sure the melted butter is in there, thats what will make them crisp up.

Reactions: luvcatchingbass
Very cool idea Travis!
Perfect appetizers with a bunch of alcohol!!
Forget dinner!
Al
Thanks Al! Yup some of my favorite meals are just a few appetizers and "some" drinks!
Great idea for a get together and the filling options are limitless!
Thanks! Yep any kind of taco you can think up would work this way. Awesome to play around with!
These are tasty. Haven't made them for a few years thanks for the reminder. We also use the muffin tin trick for making taco shells.
I agree they are tasty! I cant remember where I saw them originally but the first time I made them I knew we would make them a lot!

By chance did you ever try corn tortillas?
Yea I did. I had just a few that I tried with this batch actually. Did the whole dunking and every thing. They did not turn out. They fell apart. Next time I try I think I'll just spray them with a little cooking spray and thats it. If you try it let me know. I think I would like the corn better!

Reactions: zwiller
I think cooking spray or lightly oiled will probably work. If I try I will let you know how they go. Big corn tortilla fans here too. I think wife has some cookie cutters around that size.

Those buffalo taco sliders look awesome Travis!! I’ll be a bit modest here, so I’ll only ask for 53 of them.

Cool idea with the muffin pan. I’ve done the tortilla bowls that way, but it sure looks like you could fit enough mini taco shells that way.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky