Budget meat grinder help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

calicoolguy

Original poster
Nov 16, 2020
I have been lurking the forums for months and really appreciate all the tips, tricks and general advice found here. I purchased my first WSM six months ago and have loved it. My life’s goal has always been the perfect hamburger. Love burgers and always experimenting. I have read so much about the difference in grinding your own meat that I’m ready to give it a go. Two problems... not sure what to get and second is budget. I’m in that 100-150 max range. This is mostly going to be a burger making machine where it will run 2-5lbs through max.
The options I’ve looked at and seem to have positive reviews are

the cabelas heavy duty @ $99

cabelas deluxe @ $129

weston black #5 or #8 @ 79 and 99

Lem #8 counter top @ $ 120

Reactions: JC in GB
If I was grinding less than 10 lbs of meat most of the time, I would go with a manual. Inexpensive and stone axe reliable.

I love making my own beef point burgers. I buy a whole packer brisket, smoke the flat and grind the trim and point into burger. Simply fantatic.

JC :emoji_cat:

No kitchen aid mixer for me... wish but sadly no.

I’ve been all over used market lately but not much around me outside of some used manuals. Some electrics but mostly the amazing Chinese specials which I’ve never heard of.

so thinking manual for 50 over one of those?

When I suggested the used market, you post “Looking for a used meat grinder.... It’s amazing what people have sitting in the basement collecting dust, all they need is a post to jog their memory. That’s how I got a $75 (retail) grinder for $10.

It's Chinese made but the Kitchener #12 has an all metal gear drive and can be had, under $140, most likely $99 in the next couple of weeks...JJ

I have read on these forums the Kitchener #12 has a nice little following. But have yet to find in stock or really for sale anywhere near that amount.

It's Chinese made but the Kitchener #12 has an all metal gear drive and can be had, under $140, most likely $99 in the next couple of weeks...JJ

I dont think they make them anymore. Now it Huntrite. I bought one to try it.

Kitchener #12 Commercial Grade Electric Stainless Steel Meat Grinder 3/4 HP (550W), (720-lbs Per Hour)

$65.36

Kitchener #12 Commercial Grade Electric Stainless Steel Meat Grinder 3/4 HP (550W), (720-lbs Per Hour)

$65.36
That to me s reams a deal to good to be true. Never heard of that website. Probably ran by a Nigerian prince. But appreciate the lookin out for a deal

It is shipped from China.

3. How long will my order take?

We will ship within 72 hours of your order, it will be shipped from China and it usually takes 10 to 22 days to receive your product.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky