Budget meat grinder help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That to me s reams a deal to good to be true. Never heard of that website. Probably ran by a Nigerian prince. But appreciate the lookin out for a deal

Hey !!!!! Don't shoot the messenger !!!! You wanted a Kitchener at a lower price.... I found one...
The grinders you get here mostly come from China, so you may have to wait 3 weeks for delivery.... You got a problem with saving money and waiting a bit ???
I've ordered plenty of stuff directly from China over the years... Sometimes with a 60-80% savings in the price...
It IS the same grinder you can buy a Amazon or any other outlet.... It's just skipping about 3 middle-men....
Sorry if I insulted your wallet...

Reactions: JC in GB
Hey !!!!! Don't shoot the messenger !!!! You wanted a Kitchener at a lower price.... I found one...
The grinders you get here mostly come from China, so you may have to wait 3 weeks for delivery.... You got a problem with saving money and waiting a bit ???
I've ordered plenty of stuff directly from China over the years... Sometimes with a 60-80% savings in the price...
It IS the same grinder you can buy a Amazon or any other outlet.... It's just skipping about 3 middle-men....
Sorry if I insulted your wallet...

Haha it’s all good. I have been screwed from China orders before hence why I’m so hesitant. Fool me once shame on you, fool me four times shame on me.

• Wow
Reactions: JC in GB
Haha it’s all good. I have been screwed from China orders before hence why I’m so hesitant. Fool me once shame on you, fool me four times shame on me.

Who are your ordering from? I have had very good luck ordering products from China.

Aliexpress.com or Alibaba.com if you want quantity.

I have the 99 buck one from cabelas. And it works fine for 10 pounds. I have double grind with it too. It is slow and the chunks need to be small but it works. My brother in law has one as well and he uses it for grinding whole hogs for sausage. He has a lot more patience then me.
I have a larger grinder for that. But for what you are after the cabelas model will work fine.

Reactions: calicoolguy
Who are your ordering from? I have had very good luck ordering products from China.

Aliexpress.com or Alibaba.com if you want quantity.
Amazon did me dirty a few times with stuff actually sent from China. 2 never received. And one item totally busted.

I have the 99 buck one from cabelas. And it works fine for 10 pounds. I have double grind with it too. It is slow and the chunks need to be small but it works. My brother in law has one as well and he uses it for grinding whole hogs for sausage. He has a lot more patience then me.
I have a larger grinder for that. But for what you are after the cabelas model will work fine.

good to know. If the Kitchener happens to fall in a sale within next few weeks might nab that but if not I think cabelas is my #2. For burgers I’m sure would do me fine.

I think having a large dedicated meat grinder to grind a few pounds of meat for burgers is overkill. It's already been mentioned, but if you have a Kitchenaid stand mixer, look at their meat grinder attachment. I used their plastic one for over 20 years to grind 10-15 lbs at a time with no issues. My kids upgraded me to the all metal one last year which is quite a bit nicer.
But for grinding a few pounds for burgers, I just use a food processor. Great results and much easier to setup and clean afterwards. It's just not worth lugging out a heavy grinder, plus sanitizing and cleaning afterwards, for a few lbs.

i have thought about the manual grinder. Don’t own a food processor or a kitchenaid mixer. I just figured for almost same price of a good manual I could get electric

You can get some nice grinders at a low price from LEM and even JCP. Good for if your doing small batches.

If your looking at a manual meat grinder i would suggest a Porkert #10. Old school and been around for years and years.

I get that manual is good for small batches and I would assume reliable but why go manual over electric for nearly same price if both sell for about 80-100$

I get that manual is good for small batches and I would assume reliable but why go manual over electric for nearly same price if both sell for about 80-100$

The main advantage of a manual grinder is weight and storage space. A good electric grinder is pretty large and will take up quite a bit of storage space. The advantage of course is that it is much easier to grind large quantities, but for the amounts you are talking about, either will do fine. One thing to keep in mind about a manual grinder is that you will need a table or counter top that you can clamp it to. An electric you can place anywhere.

If it were me, I would invest in a good food processor first before getting a single purpose tool like a meat grinder. You'll likely get much more use of out it, and it will grind a few pounds of meat just as well as a grinder.

So calicoolguy, what did you get? The Kitchener at the link below might work for you, And if you get the Amazon credit card, you are looking at less than $50.00.

So calicoolguy, what did you get? The Kitchener at the link below might work for you, And if you get the Amazon credit card, you are looking at less than $50.00.

luckily tis the season... me and the gf do one good size gift for Christmas and that Kitchener was my pick. So I won’t know for a few more weeks exactly what I got but if she wants to keep her bf happy it best be the Kitchener haha. Just kidding. But chances are good that’s what I will be opening Christmas Day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky