buckboard............

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
one of the local markets had butts for $.99 so i picked up a couple.........

after 10 days with high mountian BB cure i made one 1/2 butt into pepper:
22fbc9ee_IMGP0839.jpg

and the other i used my standard homemade rub:
d7e236bd_IMGP0840.jpg

then i smoked them with hickory using the amazing smoker do-hicky:
3da02d85_IMGP0843.jpg

3d7057e1_IMGP0844.jpg

9355a140_IMGP0847.jpg

and here they are all sliced up.....i was goin to get the slicer out but there wasn't that much........it's a full size commercial slicer........i'm pretty good with a knife.........ah hell, i'm just plain lazy!

the peppered:

704781aa_IMGP0850.jpg

and the rubbed:
980a85cd_IMGP0851.jpg

had breakfast for dinner and both came out good even though the temp got away from me when the afternoon sun came over and hit the smoker.....cold smoking in az in the summer has it's challenges!

cool.gif

Is that your knife work???? I thought that was too uniformed for the knife. But it looks fabulous and I bet really tastey too.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

yes it is, would i lie about being lazy?

It looks great now I'm hungry!!

Hey Rob  dont know how I missed this one - awesome looking bacon and nice knife work

thx gary........it came out pretty damn good and it was my 1st!

Rob,

That looks REALLY GREAT !

I love BBB----alright, I confess, I love all home made Bacon!

Slicing ???

If I ever get in a knife fight with you, I'm bringin' a gun!!!!

Bear

What cut of meat is that? Look to small be a Butt...
it is a butt...........i just butterflied it after removing the bone.
 Slicing ???
If I ever get in a knife fight with you, I'm bringin' a gun!!!!
 LOL....good idea, i am part messican!

thx pit and OPD!

it is a butt...........i just butterflied it after removing the bone.

LOL....good idea, i am part messican!
You don't need to worry about him - he is not going to go get ya - that is why he has a pit bull and in my case he got me with a kitchen table trap 
mad.gif

Last edited:
You don't need to worry about him - he is too lazy to go get ya - that is why he has a pit bull and in my case he got me with a kitchen table trap 
mad.gif

laziness breeds ingenuity!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job Rob!

Do you share treats with your Pitty?

Which bacon did you prefer?

Todd

Great Job Rob!

Do you share treats with your Pitty?

Which bacon did you prefer?

Todd
todd, she's an english BT and some how, some way, she seems to get hers. as for the bacon i think i liked the peppered better for all around flavor but the one with rub was great on a BLT. i will say the AMAZING SMOKER is just that. i have a vertical gasser that i put it in and turned the flame to it's lowest setting and lit the AMAZING SMOKER on both sides and it worked great! i had been putting off making bacon cuz it is hard to cool smoke here when the outside temp is 115 and the internal temp on an unlit smoker can be 130+ sometimes. the AMAZING SMOKER  made it easy and i will say if you don't have one guys.........get one.

Great name for it huh---Amazing!

Hey Rob, Is that the same breed of dog that both Patton and Pappy Boyington had?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky