Bruschetta Chicken

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jayd4wg

Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
Pittsburgh PA
20200708_171346.jpg
Wife was craving this so I documented the process to this wonderful, fresh dish

Started with some chicken hooters that I ran the blade tenderizer through, and then flattened a bit with my Pampered Chef tenderizer/smasher. Season liberally with S&P and a drizzle of olive oil...massage this in. Do both sides.

ON a HOT grill, get some grill marks on the face (presentation side). I failed...we were hungry and I put the chicken on the grill before it had a good chance to get the grates really hot. I also got to use my new grill press to help keep them flattened.

20200708_170009.jpg

Pull them at 165 degrees on the IRT and immediately place slices of mozzerella on them.

20200708_170434.jpg

Serve topped with homemade bruschetta, fresh grated parm, and a little drizzle of balsamic glaze.

. 20200708_171109.jpg

Bruschetta was simple - a deseeded stake tomato, a bunch of fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, diced red onion, garlic, fresh oregano and basil from the garden, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and S&P to taste. Make this before you start cooking and set aside a while for the flavors to mingle.

20200708_170441.jpg

Enjoy!

Looks awesome.

Its starting to get to that time of year,the gardens are starting to produce some nice fresh goodies!

Reactions: jayd4wg
That's some great looking bruschetta chicken Jaydawg. I'll be making a lot of bruschetta in the coming weeks, I'll need to do some chicken with it.

Nice job, looks great! Try mixing that bruschetta up the day/night before. It's like many pasta sauces, soup, salsa, etc. so much better the next day.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky