Bronze Redfish Po-boys with Garlic&Lime Aioli and Buttered Toasted French Bread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indaswamp

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
Apr 27, 2017
South Louisiana-Yes, it is HOT
Quick dinner tonight...made the aioli 4 hours in advance to let it come to full flavor. Simple, light, and delicious!

1596588880647.jpeg

Bronzed redfish is cooked the same way as blackened redfish but at a lower temperature. Also, a little olive oil is added to the pan. This allows the dish to be cooked inside, and the fillets turn a golden bronze color when cooked....

The aioli-
1 egg
2 TBSPS. Lime juice
2 TBSPS, fresh minced garlic
1 tsp. dijon or creole mustard

Add all to a jar and pulse blend with immersion blender 2-3 seconds. Then Slowly drizzle 1 cup salad oil into mixture with immersion blender on. Stop blended when oil stops flowing in a stream, do not over blend or emulsion will break. season with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper. Chill before serving.

Lookin good. Love just about any fish Bronzed. Especially Yellowtail Snapper...JJ

Reactions: indaswamp
MMMMM....yellowtail snapper. Only had it once while in florida, we don't catch many here in the central gulf coast but we do catch a lot of other snapper species and they are all delicious!

I've never had Redfish before, but it sure looks good.
Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome!
We eat a lot of fish, but I have never had Redfish.
Gonna see if I can find some around here!
Al

Nice meal there guy. Could do away with some of that. Never had redfish either but I have really never found a fish I didn't like.

Warren

Very nice! I bet it was delicious! Aioli looks good I'll give it a try sometime.

I've never had Redfish before, but it sure looks good.
Point for sure
Chris
Thanks gmc2003.
Lordy, that looks good!
Thanks Steve!
Looks great Redfish my favorite. Need to find some. Fiesta Mart about the only place I have seen it around here.
Thanks Brian, redfish get a bad rap but you gotta take the red meat off, then it's an excellent fish!
Looks awesome!
We eat a lot of fish, but I have never had Redfish.
Gonna see if I can find some around here!
Al
Thanks Al! The Marsh is always open here, but it's a catch your own deal.

Nice meal there guy. Could do away with some of that. Never had redfish either but I have really never found a fish I didn't like.

Warren
Thanks Warren.
The redfish looks really good!
Thanks xray! It tastes better than it looks...I think the lens on my phone camera was dirty....blurry pic.

Looks great.

TIP: for those looking for a variety of fish or a specific specie, check any local Asian grocery stores. Most bigger cities have 'em. Besides having a tremendous variety, they are usually very fresh due to high turnover. You can get the whole fish, or they will trim them a number of way at no cost (but you pay for the whole fish).

These Tilapia look fresh :-)

Talapia.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky