• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket Was Not Juicy

Joined Nov 11, 2016
I'm new to this forum but not new to smoking. I believe there is always more to learn so I'm going to ask....

I smoked a 10-pound brisket @ 250 degrees until it reached 196 then wrapped in foil, blankets and ice chest for 2 hours. I've smoked a few in the past and never had this issue before. The brisket tasted amazing but it wasn't juicy. When I first trimmed the raw brisket (USDA Prime) I noticed two edges that seem to have freezer burn. I purchased it from Costco and it was in the shrink-wrapped bag.... I’ve never seen this burn/dry edge before and not sure why this would be the cause. I respect any feedback and look forward to my next smoke!

Randy

hardcookin

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
May you could have got a bad brisket it happens.
But if it was dry I would think that it needed to cook a little more. I have pulled brisket from 195 - 210 and I usually check to see if it is probe tender in the thickest part of the flat.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree with the above, it sounds like you didn't cook it long enough.

Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.