Brisket, pork ribs, a fatty, ABTs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
Got a packer today, just a hair over 10-lbs (10.08 if I remember right). Got two slabs of Kansas City trimmed spares also. They should have been $2.97/lb, some were marked at $2.48/lb. Got two dozen ABTs stuffed with ColbyJack cheese, and a Sage fatty. All in the smoker right now. Put the ABTs and fatty in at 8 pm. Got the brisket and ribs in at 8:30. Tomorrow I am making a batch of wicked beans. Should be a great supper tomorrow! Qview tomorrow when it is done. Got the mesquite smoke going. Smells so good.

Sounds Great Chris.. Looking Forward to the Qview...

Here are some teasers. :)

e33c89a7_ABTs.jpg
07cfb96b_Fattysliced.jpg
1c83f381_Brisket_ribsinsmoker.jpg

Last edited:
Just foiled the ribs, added some apple juice with teriyaki sauce in it. Put the temp probe in the brisket- it is reading 164°.

Last edited:
Teaser, oh I mean Chris. I love abt's and ribs and brisket and fatties. I do envy you right now. All I did was some dumb ole yard birds.

Good Luck!!!, Ill be back in the mornin' for some Qview. 

Here are the ribs, sliced up. I had to take a few test tastes. :) These are stacked in the foil pan. The bottom right corner they are not stacked. They are just thicker ribs in that corner.

e002a028_Ribsslicedup.jpg

Brisket pics tomorrow!

Nice looking grub there. This may be a dumb question but I was told I can ask them here. Your other post you said eibs? I'm lost

Never mind I just figured out it was a typo error. I was sitting here thinking is this some kind of acronym I didnt know................

Last edited:
Here is the brisket shots, finally! Sliced flat and shredded point. Of course I removed all the fat from the shredded point. Gonna make some shredded beef enchiladas from some of the point.

738c16f6_Brisketsliced.jpg

aca012a2_Brisketshredded.jpg

Everything looks delicious Chris! You must have had company over, cause I know you couldn't eat all that grub by yourself. Bet they enjoyed your effort!

I had a couple of friends over, my oldest son; and my daughter lives with me. I am taking the rest to work tonight, and I saved some of the shredded brisket for some enchiladas this week.

It was! Tender too. Buddy at work devoured what I took for us to eat there. He loved the ribs too. Actually, there was 3 of us at work eating the ribs. The other guy tore them up.

Thanks y'all! David, a fatty is great. Simple too! A brisket is not too bad. Just takes a long time. I love beef, so I usually smoke briskets.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky