Brisket on the SmokeFire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow, that brisket looks amazing! Nicely done Rich!

The beans and eggs look to be a great side to the brisket too. I’d polish a plate of that for sure.

The SmokeFire is a beast when it come to brisket. I have an EX6, and every brisket I’ve done on it turned out good. Yours looks incredible. That excellent smoke ring…tender pull apart meat. Well done, and inspiring.

Reactions: chopsaw
I can't believe I missed this!Wow that is insane!

To this day I'm still pissed I didn't buy one when Weber had that sale last year.

Nothing wrong with doctored beans we do it all the time and they're awesome.We struggle with deviled eggs but we have a close friend who makes them incredible so we just barter for them!

The SmokeFire is a beast when it come to brisket.
Sure is . I really like the results it puts out .
Thanks for lookin .
I can't believe I missed this!Wow that is insane!
Thanks Norm . Appreciate that .
To this day I'm still pissed I didn't buy one when Weber had that sale last year.
I'm glad they dropped the price because I was gonna pass . Knowing what I know now , it's well worth the money either way . I bet they mark them down around Memorial day .

It just perfect . I'm gonna eat my fill just standing at the cutting board .

Dude, I think that's where the magic happens with briskets and chuckies...
I can't stand to wait, and you worked hard enough... That's the prize!!!
Good Job sir....
hi.gif

Dude, I think that's where the magic happens with briskets and chuckies...
I can't stand to wait, and you worked hard enough... That's the prize!!!
Good Job sir..
Yup . You have to have a sample while slicing .
Turned into a meal . Thanks for the comment .

Reactions: eaglewing
Fantastic, Rich. Utterly fantastic meal, my friend. Don't ever recall seeing a better looking brisket.
Thanks Gary , I appreciate that bud .
One of the better meals I've ha din awhile .

And THNX for the tip on Gordon's food service.. good grief I got one right down the street from me, didn't even know what it was!!!

I'm stopping there REAL soon!!!!

And THNX for the tip on Gordon's food service..
We must be close . I'm in there once a week .
( St. Peter's ) You can get on the website and see what they have in stock and what it's selling for .
I noticed the beef is on the way back up . The Trade East spices are worth the trip just by themselves .

We must be close . I'm in there once a week .
( St. Peter's ) You can get on the website and see what they have in stock and what it's selling for .
I noticed the beef is on the way back up . The Trade East spices are worth the trip just by themselves .
Mine is in Maplewood... new store as far as I know. I had no idea what it was till you mentioned it.
And the spices will make this worth everything!!!

Mine is in Maplewood... new store as far as I know.
Must be . Last time I looked it was closed . I just went and looked at the Maplewood website . Looks like they stock about the same as St. Peter's . Chuck pectoral has dropped to $4.99 a pound . That's a good price . Here's a thread I did on it . I have threads on most of stuff I buy from there . Beef knuckle is another good one .

I bought a 13 pound brisket early last week to grind . Went back on my normal day to check prices ( Gordon's food service ) they had 3 or 4 small briskets at $3.75 a pound so I grabbed one .
Trimmed out at 5 1/2 pounds . It's really flexible to start , so that's good .
I mixed up an injection of 1 cup unsalted vegetable stock , 3 tsp powdered beef base , a couple spoons of roasted garlic puree and 4 grams of stpp fo the 5 pounds of meat .
I pumped it full , and coated it with Canadian steak seasoning . Wrapped in plastic , then over night in the fridge .
I put some mesquite pellets in the SmokeFire and set it to 225 .
Got the brisket out to heat up while I got the grill ready .
Here it is trimmed up . Nice clean piece of meat .
View attachment 629632
Next morning warming up on the counter . The flat had a pretty thin edge on it .
I normally trim that off , but decided to use it as a buffer , and left it on .
View attachment 629633
After the SmokeFire runs at 225 , I set it to smoke boost . Temp outside was
in the low 40's . So the chamber temp was 180 . On hot days it stays around 200 .
I ran it in boost for 3 or 4 hours .
Opened it up to add the therms .
View attachment 629635
From that point I stop looking . I bump temps up over the cook time . I like that it comes up slow .
I think it helps the smoke flavor and color of the meat . So I went from 180 , up to 275 over the next several hours .
25 degrees at a time . I do have to even out the pellets in the hopper . Not a problem . I keep an eye on all my cooks .
So a couple hours before I want to eat it was at 175 ish .
Shut the SmokeFire down and bring the brisket in the house to wrap .
View attachment 629639
Set the oven to 350 . Add the brisket wrapped in pink paper , and watch the internal temp .
When it starts walking up , I turn the heat down and open the door . That slow the cooking to a steady rise .
This went about 2 1/2 hours at 325 .
Out of the oven , and paper removed . Smells good .
View attachment 629641
The point is like butter , but the flat still has some resistance . The thin part is over done .
That's OK , I knew it would be .
I put plastic wrap over it and a towel . I just let it ride on the counter .
View attachment 629642
View attachment 629643
Temp was down to 170 or so . Take the towel off . As the meat cools down it sucks the plastic up tight .
Draws some moisture back in .
View attachment 629644
View attachment 629645
First couple slices were dry and just at a crumble stage .
View attachment 629646
Couple more slices in ,, my goodness . It's perfect .
View attachment 629647
View attachment 629648
My Daughter walked into the kitchen . Said she could smell it from her room , and grabbed a plate .
I used a fork to get her some slices .
View attachment 629650
It just perfect . I'm gonna eat my fill just standing at the cutting board .
View attachment 629652
Got me a few slices ( I all ready had 6 or 7 ) and dipped them in the juice on the tray .
View attachment 629653
I had a whole spread , but just did eggs and the beans on my plate .
Fancy picture or slopped on , it all taste the same .
The brisket was just perfect , and the SmokeFire does a fantastic job .
View attachment 629654
The beans were doctored up from a can .
The eggs were horseradish , Duke's mayo and yellow mustard .
Pot covered with water . Comes to a boil , lid on and heat off .
Set timer for 15 minutes . Then rinse in cold water and peel when cool enough to handle .
View attachment 629634
View attachment 629636
View attachment 629637
View attachment 629638
Can't wait to do leftovers for tonight's supper . Pretty sure the eggs won't last that long .
Thanks for lookin.
that looks fantastic.

Reactions: bbqking01
that looks fantastic.
Thank you . Some of the best Brisket I've had .
You can see how I set it up . Top rack and the pan underneath .
The first one I did went start to finish on the EX4 , then just rested on the counter . It was really good too , but did get a bit dry / crumbly on the bottom .
Came out great though . Thanks for looking .
1653052277435.jpeg

Reactions: MJB05615
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky