Brisket - North Dakota Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Yesterday we had a brisket injected and seasoned but it was 10 below out with -35º to -45º windchills. Whatever, just a chilly inconvenience… drum smoker set up using other grills, table and snow bank as a wind break.

nhDzVp.jpg

-----

Just before wrapping the brisket

bAHShp.jpg

-----

sliced

7JuPR6.jpg

-----

This brisket was popping with flavor!

wP8gn6.jpg

Thanks for looking!

First off brisket looks great points on the cook for sure!

Second you got one hell of a outdoor cooking arsenal!

Third how did you like the El Chupacabra brisket magic? I used it once but seemed overly salty but could have been user error. Love the prime brisket injection though use it all the time when I do briskets

Reactions: mossymo
Nice looking brisket - especially for the weather conditions. Your a braver soul then I am.

Point for sure
Chris

First off brisket looks great points on the cook for sure!

Second you got one hell of a outdoor cooking arsenal!

Third how did you like the El Chupacabra brisket magic? I used it once but seemed overly salty but could have been user error. Love the prime brisket injection though use it all the time when I do briskets

- Thanks!
- May have a "few" others also!
- We really like it, it can be salty though if used heavy. We like it used in layers with other seasonings.

You must be keeping the Yoder under wraps ?

It is comfy in our 72º garage!

Kudos

Smoking tokes on a new meaning in North Dakota as recent joinee to medical bud?

I haven't smoked anything since September last year. Wood piles under a few feet of snow
Grilled many times though to help break up winter indoor cooking blahs

That's a mighty fine looking Brisket Wish I had a slice or five

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky