Brisket (it has been a while)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

link

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 7, 2008
Michigan
I have not done much smoking lately so I picked up an 8 lb Brisket this weekend. Got it going yesterday at 9 am and it hit 190ish at 7:30 pm. It had great flavor and looked fantastic. I use the MES 30" at 240° with nothing but S&P. The smoke was a garlic spice pellet.

It was a late dinner but worth the wait.
Thanks for looking
Link

Attachments

• 20190602_200118.jpg
    20190602_200118.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190602_202141.jpg
    20190602_202141.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
It was pretty tender and juicy. I would have liked it to hit 200 but it was getting late and my wife was hungry. I aslo would have let it sit for a bit normally and did not this time. Next time I will start it the night before.

S&P is my go to on beef also with Hickory. looks good what you did. shame you couldn't have hit the 200+ and a couple hours rest. next time.

Thanks for the comments all. The brisket really did come out very well but time constraints made me pull it a bit early. I just cut it thin across the grain and it is good. the flavor was spot on (had some for breakfast today).

I have not smoked much lately (too damn cold in Mi) but I am getting going again.

Link

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky