BRISKET/HOT ITALIAN SAUSAGE MIX MEATLOAF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Al That looks good!! I just finished stuffing 10# semi hot Italian.
Richie
Going back to do Fresh Kielbasi now.

Thanks Richie!
I'm going to experiment with some different meats in meatloaf. Maybe Kielbasi, & hot Italian & something else would make the best meatloaf ever.
Al

My dad used saltines all the time also when he made meatloaf. I usually go half and half.

I think I will be a saltine guy now, never got results like that with panko.
Although Judy gave me specfic orders never to change the recipe!!
Al

Dang good looking meal, Al I sure could stand a plate right now

Thanks a lot Gary!
Looks like you guys in E Texas have had a bit of a wet & cold winter. Hope your not in that part!
Al

Gary
Al , it was all about the cheapest way to feed four kids . Extender in the meat loaf , and on the outside of bone in chops .

Hey Chop it sure fely good to just go thru the house & use what we had & make something as good as this was, as a matter of fact Judy is warming up a piece with some beans as we speak!
Al

Ha Ha, that says it all!
Thanks Moto
Beautiful piece of work Al! I always use some of my Italian sausage when I make a meatloaf, tho only one egg and a cup of milk. The beans look killer too! Like, RAY

Well I think I will be in your group from now on cause I think the saltines really moistened up the meatloaf, of course using some fatty brisket & fatty Hot Italian sausage sure helped too!
Thank you,
Al
Wow!!!
That looks & sounds so freaking Good, Al !!
You & Judy know how to make & eat Awesome Stuff!!
But what about the Turtles---I heard when you started your smoker, they all got in line!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thank you my friend!
I get bored sometimes & try to come up with some super recipe, but to be truthful, I have a lot of failures too. But luckily this one was not a failure!!!
And yes the turtles do line up, along with the bass & bluegill. They are hoping I screw up the meal & throw it all out into the pond!
Damnit Man!
AL that looks so good in the raw I could almost plate some up as Tartare.
And I bet it was fantastic cooked.
Like!

Thanks John!
I really appreciate it!
And I'm getting ready to have some more for lunch!!

Al, where do you live and how do you feel about a guest?! That looks fantastic! Thank you.

Your very welcome!
I'm in Central Florida. Where are you at?
Al

Hey Chop it sure felt good to just go thru the house & use what we had
I added some fennel and anise to some bulk hot breakfast sausage I had and used it with some pasta .
Kids loved it , so now I have to add sage to my Italian ,,, lol.

Living the good life Al !
Looks awesome!!
I added some fennel and anise to some bulk hot breakfast sausage I had and used it with some pasta .
Kids loved it , so now I have to add sage to my Italian ,,, lol.
Heck ya I’d eat that !! Looks very good!
Yes sir using what you have. The life style around my house and as with yours a lot of nice surprises.
Like the beans too.

Warren

Thanks a lot guys for the nice comments & likes!
Al

Wowsers Al that meatloaf looks great. I've haven't used sausage in meatloaf yet, but that may change shortly. Oats really work well in meatloaf also. Been using them for years instead of breadcrumbs.

Point for sure
Chris

Too far away - I'm in southeast Virginia. However, before getting into this hobby and living in Virginia, I was stationed at Southern Command in Miami and then Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City, FL.

Your very welcome!
Al
[/QUOTE]

Thank you!!
You guys that live up north & grill & smoke all year round are just awesome.
I don't even go outside when it gets below 50!
Al

But I get bored & want to try & push the envelope.

experimenting is always a good thing.
if not for that, we'd still be eating our meat raw!
And how would we end up with so many GREAT recipes here, if not for "SmokinAl" doing his 'spiriment'n?

it doesn't get below 50 here much anymore. but a couple weeks ago it was below 40!
( Minus 40 that is! ) propane BBQ won't work well at that temp ( I am modding mine so it will ) but the MES30 clone that I have does OK! But DANG..... sometimes I have to put clothing on to go outside, as my feet get cold if I have to stand for a couple minutes!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
And how would we end up with so many GREAT recipes here, if not for "SmokinAl" doing his 'spiriment'n?

it doesn't get below 50 here much anymore. but a couple weeks ago it was below 40!
( Minus 40 that is! ) propane BBQ won't work well at that temp ( I am modding mine so it will ) but the MES30 clone that I have does OK! But DANG..... sometimes I have to put clothing on to go outside, as my feet get cold if I have to stand for a couple minutes!

LOL---I know what you mean!!
I'll never forget 1972:
After I spent 3 winters in a row in #1 Georgia, #2 Vietnam, #3 Texas.
Then I came home to PA, and went Bear Hunting with My Dad & My Brother. It was -13 in Pike County, PA, where the Bears are Plentiful!!!

Bear
Sorry for the Hijack, Al.

OOOPS---I screwed that up---It was:
#1 Vietnam
#2 Hawaii
#3 Texas

Last edited:
Wowsers Al that meatloaf looks great. I've haven't used sausage in meatloaf yet, but that may change shortly. Oats really work well in meatloaf also. Been using them for years instead of breadcrumbs.

Point for sure
Chris

[/QUOTE

Thank you, the sausage really worked out well.
And I had oats & it never even crossed my mind to use them!
Thanks for the tip!
Al
Too far away - I'm in southeast Virginia. However, before getting into this hobby and living in Virginia, I was stationed at Southern Command in Miami and then Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City, FL.

Your very welcome!
Al

You guys up north are just too much!
I don't go out of the house if it's below 50.
Al
That looks delish and good call on not driving that beast in wet conditions!

Thanks Brad!
Yea it's safe to drive I just don't like getting it dirty!
You just have to watch how much gas you give it!
Al

Yeah , hard enough to get it to hook up in dry conditions !

Man you got that right!
Al

LOL---I know what you mean!!
I'll never forget 1972:
After I spent 3 winters in a row in #1 Georgia, #2 Vietnam, #3 Texas.
Then I came home to PA, and went Bear Hunting with My Dad & My Brother. It was -13 in Pike County, PA, where the Bears are Plentiful!!!

Bear
Sorry for the Hijack, Al.

No prob man!
You can hijack my threads anytime you want!
Your comments are always either funny or interesting!
Al

Last edited:
Great looking meatloaf Al. Heck, the whole meal looks great!! Looks like you and I had the same recipe teacher. You write yours the same way I write mine :emoji_wink: Mine tend to sit on the desk for a while before I get around to typing them up, printing them, and putting them into the Big Black Book.

Excellent job sir and a big LIKE

Robert

Al, my old man said that it dropped into the 30s the other night there. He didn't even go outside haha!

I think it gets a bit colder where your Dad is, but it did get into the low 40's here. I know that to most of you that doesn't seem cold, but to us it's like 20 below zero. I didn't leave the house either.
Al
Just bought a 2018 F-150 Sport . 2.7 V6 twin turbo 10 speed transmission . 0 to 60 5.5 seconds .

I can't imagine that Mustang .

That sounds like a nice truck Chop!
The Mustang may be a bit faster though! :emoji_sunglasses:
Al

Great looking meatloaf Al. Heck, the whole meal looks great!! Looks like you and I had the same recipe teacher. You write yours the same way I write mine :emoji_wink: Mine tend to sit on the desk for a while before I get around to typing them up, printing them, and putting them into the Big Black Book.

Excellent job sir and a big LIKE

Robert

Thanks Robert!
Your right about putting it aside, then taking the time to type it up someday & put in the ring binder. I have a bunch that need typing!
Al

Dont know how I missed this Wednesday. Al that all looks fantastic!1 My wife uses italian sausage and beef in her meatloaf too. I love it!! Love your whole meal! Big like.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky