Brisket Halloween Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

foamheart

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
13# full packer, with some excess fat wittled off, and trimmed to fit the MES30. Rubbed with Pepper, Onion, Garlic, and Monterary Steak Seasoning (because it was on the shelf), wrapped and refridgerated over night. Unwrapped, re-rubbed, and in the smoker at 7 AM @ 220 degrees, smoking Mesquite.

More to come.........

Last edited:
popcorn.gif

Mike

Down here in the soggy south rain happens.  Some of my best Q has been with rain drops hitting the pit.  I look forwards to up dates.
drool.gif

Hello my friend.  A man in the know.  Brisket and Mesquite!  Can't get much better IMHO.  I had to get the BIG box; after all, it is a packer.  Good luck with the rain.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

110.gif

Nice thing about having a MES in the Rain is, if you cover the Electronics with a plastic container, I use one of them disposable Gladware tubs with a Brick on top, you can ride out the storm from the comfort of your favorite chair...JJ

I must be a lil down river and east of ya Foam cause da rain aint got here yet.  But I just checked the radar and the front is coming.  lookd pretty bad but movin kinda fast.  When it passes woooo hooooo!!  Gumbo weather!!

Update @ 11:30

Look at that wonderful smoke! Thats serious and its not white!

Note the position on the vent.

Now notice the two burned up rows of Mesquite!

Thats 4 hours, going thru about 18 hours of pellets. Can you say "Breeze"?

I am at 140 IT, so the absorption rate is slowing down now anyway. There is enough pellets left to smoke it good for awhile if I'll leave the dang door shut. Now its wait for 175 to foil, sorry Danny, todays in not old school.

There is more comming!

Great update dude.  Watch out for the front though, channel 8 reporting 50 mph wind gusts.  makes me glad I am home and not on da boat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky