Brisket for 6

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

old golfer guy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 21, 2017
I would like to do a brisket dinner for 6 but am not sure about finding a piece that small. So I'm thinking of buying a full packer at Costco, smoke the whole thing, slice off what we need for dinner that nite then vac pak the rest in portions for about 6. When I want to have a brisket dinner I will sous vide one of the packages for a few hours at 150? Never tried this with a brisket. Any thoughts??
Thanks

Reactions: sandyut
Buy a good looking brisket and vac the leftovers for sure! I have some int eh freezer at all times. Great for tacos, chili, samis etc. If you gonna smoke one make it last and enjoy for a long time.

When I want to have a brisket dinner I will sous vide one of the packages for a few hours at 150? Never tried this with a brisket. Any thoughts??

Absolutely you can do this!! Matter of fact when I do a brisket and we're having friends over the wife is adamant that we only invite a few people so there will be leftovers to freeze. The key is to do what you said: vac seal. If you just put it in a container or Ziploc bag you'll get freezer burn pretty quickly.

Robert

OK so vac seal works. What do you do about reheating when ready to have more?

Vac & freeze without a question! There are only two of us here so plenty left, even after having the kids over the day of the smoke. Just pulled out a piece yesterday and made Smoked Brisket Chili. Damn that stuff is so good! Reheating is your choice. The SV you suggested is a very good option. Maybe first thaw out the vac bag in cool water then into the oven or micro (without the bag). Both work.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky