Brisket/Burnt Ends - Okay to rest point for a while before cubing?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brucec

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
KS
I plan to do a packer brisket on my new YS640S this weekend and want to do burnt ends with the point. Since I have a lot of different things that I'll be smoking for a 6pm dinner time on Saturday, I was thinking of smoking the brisket over-night (starting Friday night), and resting in the cooler wrapped in towels until supper time. Is it okay to rest the point like that, and then cube/finish right before supper? I was thinking of not separating the flat & point before or during the cook, and even resting them together. Then I'd pull from the cooler about 1/2 hour before we eat, separate the point, cube and sauce the burnt ends and throw them back in the smoker for 15 minutes or so so they'll be fresh for dinner.
Is there a problem with doing this? Will the point break down during the rest and simple become pulled brisket?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky