Brisket bark

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Guesty2626

Original poster
Jun 18, 2020
Hi guys,

Smoking a brisket for dinner tonight. Cooked for 4 fours last night at 250 with consistent temperature and smoke flowing well. Plan is to finish in the oven tonight for dinner. Have done this before and it works ok.

Problem I have is the bark didn't form like it normally does. Not sure if I didn't use enough rub or if the brisket is too lean.

Any tips on how I might get a bark to form during the remainder of the cook? Apply more rub?

Cheers

Hi guys,

Smoking a brisket for dinner tonight. Cooked for 4 fours last night at 250 with consistent temperature and smoke flowing well. Plan is to finish in the oven tonight for dinner. Have done this before and it works ok.

Problem I have is the bark didn't form like it normally does. Not sure if I didn't use enough rub or if the brisket is too lean.

Any tips on how I might get a bark to form during the remainder of the cook? Apply more rub?

Cheers

Hi there and welcome!

Do not wrap it at all and that will help form bark.

Maybe throw that sucker back in the smoker! I've been focusing on bark rather than temperature when wrapping. Sometimes the bark forms earlier for me and sometimes later.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky