Brisket Baby w/ pics

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So, what did you end up doing?...JJ

JJ, I think he ended up scrapping it.

Kind of a shame because I think he could have done oven brisket and been okay.

Reactions: masonman1345
Couldn't agree more. Had a High Alarm go off to find a Grease Fire in the bottom of my MES! The alarm saved the Meat AND the Smoker...JJ

Thanks for all the help fellow smokes. Here is the update. Yeas I decided health wasn't worth a $30 brisket so I tossed it. I will now look into fixing my MES. I have smoked on it several nights without checking on it it it always did great. I will however invest in a wireless set up that will alert me if it ever happens again. Thanks for all the help. Now any suggestions on a temp/alarm probe

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thanks for all the help fellow smokes. Here is the update. Yeas I decided health wasn't worth a $30 brisket so I tossed it. I will now look into fixing my MES. I have smoked on it several nights without checking on it it it always did great. I will however invest in a wireless set up that will alert me if it ever happens again. Thanks for all the help. Now any suggestions on a temp/alarm probe

Take a look at Inkbird. They are a SMF sponsor. They offer all sorts of remote thermometers either bluetooth or radio frequency. I love my IRF-4s.

Reactions: masonman1345
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky