Brisket as a negotiating point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

357mag

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Piedmont Triad of NC
Here's a good one. Every New Year's Eve we get together with a group of very good friends. We have been doing this for about 12 years now. This past week we offered to have the annual NYE party at our house, unfortunately one couple said that they would be out of town visiting relatives in South Dakota on NYE. But they said to me:

"If you will cook a brisket we could come home early".

That knocked my socks off and I was really honored. I had no idea that my brisket could be used as a negotiating point.

Of course I said, "No problem".

Last edited:
How cool. It really does make ya feel good when folks are loving your food that much. I cannot drive this point home enough, that we all do what we do because we are so passionate about smoking - and for me, cooking in general! Congrats on the compliment, well deserved, especially with brisket!!!

icon_cool.gif

Thats sue is a great feeling isn't it . When someone out of the blue tells some else how good your food is. I just get all tinglely and it makess me what to do it some more. But next time maybe better if you can. Congrats and go smoke an awesome Abrisket for your FRIENDS.   

It really make a person feel good to know that he is appreciated and that you have a talent that hasn't gone unnoticed. It is especially rewarding to be doing something that you truely love doing & that other people enjoy it as well. Keep up the good work
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Congrats on the awesome compliment. Like Cheryl said, we do this because we love it and when someone appreciates it as much as we do it makes the effort worth the labor of love.

Definitely makes that all nighter or early morning worth it!  

But heck neighbor, if you'r fixin' a brisket I'm in Fayetteville! LOL  

That's a great compliment. I like the compliments when they are due to me, but please don't tell me you like it if you don't!

That's a great compliment. I like the compliments when they are due to me, but please don't tell me you like it if you don't!

I could not agree more! I am constantly trying to improve and if you are telling me it is good, when it is really not so good then you are doing me an injustice. Constructive criticism is a good thing. I am sure some people do wear their feelings on their sleeves, but I'm not one of them! Also, don't just tell me you don't like it, tell me WHY you don't like it, that way I can decide if you are just being a douchebag or I need to re-evaluate my recipe! LOL!
icon_mrgreen.gif

I have not seen you with with any sleeves so it would be tough for you
icon_mrgreen.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky