1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brisket and Pork Shoulders on sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greg1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. greg1

greg1 Smoke Blower

Kroger current ad has packers on sale for 1.99lb. My local Kroger also had bone-in pork shoulders for .88lb

zwiller likes this.
  2. William89

William89 Newbie

Wow, I sure wish I had a Kroger around me! I'd be loading the freezer full of briskets. Best I can get is around 4.50 a pound.

3. greg1

greg1 Smoke Blower

I picked up 2 briskest's and 3 shoulders for $61.16. Would have gotten a couple more briskest's but unfortunately I don't have the freezer space for them. Trouble with living in a small house with no garage no room for a freezer. So whatever I can get in the freezer above the refrigerator is what I can store.

4. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Awesome! I'll check on the way home. What part of the country you in?

5. greg1

greg1 Smoke Blower

Central Indiana about 40 miles north of Indy

6. William89

William89 Newbie

Looked on Google and the closest to me is terre haute. About an hour away... Guess I could make an excuse to make the drive

7. No such luck with the Kroger affiliated markets in So Cal. Damn, that would have been awesome.

George

8. zwiller

zwiller Smoking Fanatic

Rarely see brisket here but going to check. Thanks for posting. I saved $100 from post like this before. What grade was the brisket?

9. greg1

greg1 Smoke Blower

Briskets where Choice

zwiller likes this.
  10. SmokinLogs

SmokinLogs Smoking Fanatic

Do you know by any chance how long the sale is going on. I live in southern Indiana, will have to cross the bridge into Kentucky and check the Kroger’s in owensboro!

11. greg1

greg1 Smoke Blower

Thru the 18th

12. schlotz

schlotz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

you can check on line..... Avon store ad (westside Indy) shows the deal.

13. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

That is on heck of a sale!
    Choice packers down here are $3.47 lb.
    Al

14. schlotz

schlotz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Just picked up a full packer #16+ $96 marked down to $33 due to $1.99/lb. :D

greg1 likes this.
  15. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Well the nearest Kroger's to me is 139 miles away. Bummer.

Chris

16. zwiller

zwiller Smoking Fanatic

No dice here.