Brined my duck!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rw willy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Thanks
Oberst

I used your brine; Apple juice & Orange juice etc.  Brined overnight and rinsed & dried.  Left them in the fridge till after Church.  Got the GOSM running @ 260 and ready with hickory.  Smoked'em until 155 IT.  Pulled and rested.  Thought they were abit rare.  Breasted them out and put them under the broiler for a few.

Even the wifey like it!  Nice flavor, slight citrus mildly sweet.  Will do again.

Thanks

RW,

That's some good looking eats right there. May have to look that brine up next time I'm lucky enough to put some waterfowl in the freezer. Suprised they were a little rare at 155 though. I don't like to overdo duck or goose and above 150 seems high to me. Still looks great though.

Cheers, and Happy New Year

Mark

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky