Brine Cured and Enhanced Pork Rib Roast ~ Foamheart

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got ya. I love using in my vertical smoker but its bigger than a MES.

Got ya. I love using in my vertical smoker but its bigger than a MES.
I had nothing but trouble getting air flow across my MES40, serious problems.

I have used the oval tube now two or three times in the 40 and a couple in the 30, but all were with the vent stack extension also. You need not worry about it going out, I need to figure how much to regulate it.

Foam that looks great sorry for being late to the party. Did it have a real hammy taste? I have a few from the whole loins I bought.

Richie

points.gif

Foam that looks great sorry for being late to the party. Did it have a real hammy taste? I have a few from the whole loins I bought.

Richie

points.gif
Thanks Richie. taste Hammy, not so much.

Occassional you get a bite and it makes you think of ham, without overwhelming the taste. At 4 days the outer texture was just starting to change. It was really good. I highly recommend it.

I think whole loins would be a bit different. If you'll note the pictures the loin portion is still untouched by cure. Its why you know to inject it, to make a Canadian Bacon.

Thanks Richie. taste Hammy, not so much.

Occassional you get a bite and it makes you think of ham, without overwhelming the taste. At 4 days the outer texture was just starting to change. It was really good. I highly recommend it.

I think whole loins would be a bit different. If you'll note the pictures the loin portion is still untouched by cure. Its why you know to inject it, to make a Canadian Bacon.
Kevin the pieces I have are about the same size as your.Just need some better weather here Thanks 

Richie

Kevin the pieces I have are about the same size as your.Just need some better weather here Thanks 

Richie
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these few great people from the long joyous completion of their chosen meats."~ Hallelujah and Amen !!

That's the banner over the front door of the Right Reverent Brother Foamie's Tabernacle & Grill.

Hey Kev.... Is it okay if I steal THIS RECIPE? Nice tutorial. Happy you have your computer up n running.  points

b

Last edited:

Hey Kev.... Is it okay if I steal THIS RECIPE? Nice tutorial. Happy you have your computer up n running.  points

b
Thank you sir. On the road again? 

Well........... It did work. I tryed the same thing again today as for the game day tidbits. It doesn't work the same. I think my PC has gremlins! Today it sent the pictures to windows 10, and wouldn't let me pick my location like it did yesterday. I guess I have more studying to do. 

Last edited:
Man, Kevin. That is an awesome load of meat that absolutely looks wonderful. I have a crown roast in the freezer, waiting for some better weather.

Thanks for sharing, Joe. :points:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky