• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Breseaola and Spanish Chorizo

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 10, 2019
So I have been lurking and reading and lurking and reading and reading and at some point I started curing... so after a few months of waiting, here are some of the fruits of my labor. I haven't gone full fermenting/curing yet, so I have been using Umai bags.... but here are some pics of the products so far... everyone I know thinks I'm a mad scientist, but I know that I am just a noob...

Attachments

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
All looks good. Some case hardening thou.

cpanderson

Smoke Blower
Joined Feb 10, 2019
I agree... the mouthfeel wasn't consistent... tougher on the outside, tender in the middle... I got excited and sliced up some for the weekend but the rest is going in vac to EQ... will have to see how to tweak the fridge with Umai

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
The vac seal rest will help alot

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
They both look pretty darn good to me Brad!
Especially the chorizo.
As Adam said vac packing the bresaola for a couple of weeks & leaving it in the fridge will pull some of the moisture from the middle & redistribute it to the outside.
It really makes quite a big difference.
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.