Breakin in the GOSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stiffmiester

Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Pasco WA
I sweet talked the wife into lettin me get my xmas present early, a 34" GOSM. this I am pickin up some ribs for smoking this weekend. already got the rub mixed up, smoked paprika, ancho chile powder, garlic, mexican cumin, and mexican oregano. will post up Qview.

i have a GOSM big block and i love it. its what i use for all my ribs.

as far as i can tell, about the best thing you can smoke is a couple of pounds of bacon. throw a half pound in there and smoke it for 2 hours. then make BLT's and smoke more bacon. it will give a nice base coating of flavor to the inside of your smoker.

i used to have a brinkman electric and the first thing i smoked was a bunch of salmon. it took 10+ smokes after that for everything to stop smelling like fish when it was smoked.

Way to sweet talk.Looking forward to the Q-VIEW....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

You will really love that unit. I have one myself and I have tried to ware it out for years and it just keeps right on smokin right along.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
It's a great unit.

There will be more than a few new smokers firing up as we head into the holiday. I too got a new GOSM yesterday based on input from this site and looking forward to playing this weekend. Going to try out Jeff's rub and sauce!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky